Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthEast Group

Old 03-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #16

Modern Classics Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Dawg
That is amazing how they are able to keep them old 50's cars running. ::)

::) I think I've seen where your going to the MV Rally with your honey that should really keep you on the straight & narrow.

Are you riding down with Norm?
What are you saying Lloyd, I didn't do a good enough job of keeping Sly in line last time? As Sylvain mentioned the plan is for Caper to come to Montreal first and the three of us ride down together plus Sly's girlfriend and maybe my wife if she can get free of work. Vulcanguy from Ottawa is hoping to join us for the ride down if he can get time off for good behavior or bad behavior, I'm not sure which.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #17

Modern Classics Show

Ha Ha.....Norm you did the best you could under the circumstances ::) after all how much can you expect to reign in a spirited Canadian with a few of them potent northern brews under his belt.

When were you guy's planning on leaving?
John from Toronto and a few other's are meeting here at my place on Sat and were going to leave from here Sun morning.
If you guy's are coming down 81 it's only a few miles from my house. There are 6 in our group so far and our plan is to arrive in MV on tues.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #18

Modern Classics Show

Quote:
Ha Ha.....Norm you did the best you could under the circumstances ::) after all how much can you expect to reign in a spirited Canadian with a few of them potent northern brews under his belt.

When were you guy's planning on leaving?
John from Toronto and a few other's are meeting here at my place on Sat and were going to leave from here Sun morning.
If you guy's are coming down 81 it's only a few miles from my house. There are 6 in our group so far and our plan is to arrive in MV on Tues.
Truth be known I had more Northern beers than Sly.

Plans are loose so far, but We will leave Montreal early Sat and arrive at MV Mon afternoon. 81 is the shortest route for us, but where we join up with it is to be determined. You guys are arriving Tuesday? I guess you will miss the meet and greet Mon evening. Planning on getting there in time for the Tuesday ride?

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 03-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #19

Modern Classics Show

::) Our plans as of now are to ride the back-roads from Pa through Md and pick up 81 in Va for a short ride to the BRP then ride it to a point (somewhere in Va) where we'll spend the night, then Mon we'll head back up on the Blue Ridge and spend the day riding it until at some point we pull off either to make some time or spend the night. Then early Tues. morn we'll head out for MV and depending where we've spent Mon. we'll arrive at MV sometime Tues. morn. We should have a great time 6 in our group with 6 different bike marquees and all seasoned riders. My thoughts were if you guy's are leaving Sat and traveling south on 81 you may be staying overnight Sat somewhere close to us where we could meet up for diner and on Sun we could ride together for a few miles. Just a thought to ponder as you get your itinerary together.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #20

Modern Classics Show

Truth be known I had more Northern beers than Sly.

MAYBE, but I remember everything that happened that night, DO YOU ???

2012 Ebony Black Kawasaski Concours 14

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #21

Modern Classics Show

Quote:
::) Our plans as of now are to ride the back-roads from Pa through Md and pick up 81 in Va for a short ride to the BRP then ride it to a point (somewhere in Va) where we'll spend the night, then Mon we'll head back up on the Blue Ridge and spend the day riding it until at some point we pull off either to make some time or spend the night. Then early Tues. morn we'll head out for MV and depending where we've spent Mon. we'll arrive at MV sometime Tues. morn. We should have a great time 6 in our group with 6 different bike marquees and all seasoned riders. My thoughts were if you guy's are leaving Sat and traveling south on 81 you may be staying overnight Sat somewhere close to us where we could meet up for diner and on Sun we could ride together for a few miles. Just a thought to ponder as you get your itinerary together.
That could be doable, diner and all, but we have reserved at maggie valley for Monday, we may be able to do part of the way with you guys, Norm and I have to get together soon for these details...
2012 Ebony Black Kawasaski Concours 14

Old 03-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #22

Modern Classics Show

I remember I could not stop hiccuping, probably something in the local water. ::)
Lloyd as Sylvain says it could be doable, although depending how early a start and how fast you travel on the Sat might put you hours ahead of us by Sat night. Once We have a working itinerary, we will touch base with you and see if we can make a meet up work, it would be fun.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 03-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #23

Modern Classics Show

Looking on the map it estimates 523 mi about 9 hrs. to Carlisle
from Montreal. Thats why I figured you guy's would spend Sat nite somewhere in south central Pa. which is my neighborhood.
You guy's may even run into John on the way down if he don't ride the cow path's through Pa. Then you'll have another 535 mi to MV. If we hook up on Sat nite we could probably ride a few hundred mi together on Sun before we head off into the woods.

And wholly cow Norm it's starting to look like Sly's going to have to keep an eye on you & the brew.

;) Donnie is definitely going to have to hold the key's to the tour paks. ::)

I can see where teamwork is going to be key here!

Old 03-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #24

Modern Classics Show

Quote:
Looking on the map it estimates 523 mi about 9 hrs. to Carlisle
from Montreal. Thats why I figured you guy's would spend Sat nite somewhere in south central Pa. which is my neighborhood.
You guy's may even run into John on the way down if he don't ride the cow path's through Pa. Then you'll have another 535 mi to MV. If we hook up on Sat nite we could probably ride a few hundred mi together on Sun before we head off into the woods.

And wholly cow Norm it's starting to look like Sly's going to have to keep an eye on you & the brew.

;) Donnie is definitely going to have to hold the key's to the tour paks. ::)

I can see where teamwork is going to be key here!
OK that is something to look at as we plan Lloyd.
Give Donnie the keys?,that's like asking the wolf to mind the hen house. Actually this story went around before, maybe you missed it. I brought down several 10.5% King can beers for the guys to try and no one wanted them, so I drank them. I can attest, 10.5% is not advertising hype, there really is 10.5% alcohol in every can.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136