Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 07-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Terrible timing

As some or many of you know I have been suffering with a torn MCL since Feb. Well I had an MRI done and the results have come in. Apparently there is more damage than previously thought.
I not only tore my MCL, but when that tore it also tore the meniscus The two are attached. They also said I tore my ACL {the tendon that holds the knee cap in place} I don't know how badly that one is.
Anyway I have been waiting for a surgery date, and that date has has come through. I can't believe the timing. The surgery date is July 15th. So that totally takes me out of the running for the "Island Ride", and most likely the Kalispell rally as well. To say I'm choked is an understatement for sure. The weather has finely smartened up here on the coast and the rides are so close and then this date is thrown at me. It's a WCB case so I can't do a thing about it. They shove me to the front of the line { something I don't agree with anyway} to have it done so I can again be a productive member of society. :) The recovery time is a min. of 12 weeks apparently so I might get some riding in before the season ends. But making the rally/rides seems out of the question. :'( :'( :'(
I just thought I'd let everyone know. I hope you all have a good time. I will be waiting to hear all about it and see the many pictures I'm sure you'll be taking. I'll be thinking of all you lucky SOB's . In the mean time I'll be doing all the riding I can.
Ride safe!!!
best regards to all of you

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #2

Terrible timing

Sorry to hear the news, Rick. Hopefully it will mend quick and youll still get a few weeks riding in the fall. Don't push it to soon and it should heal faster.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 07-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to Blue Rebel
Terrible timing

Hey rickboy, sorry to hear. I've torn my ACL, MCL and meniscus all at one time playing basketball.

Here is how mine went:
MCL - healed on it's own.
ACL - implanted new tendon which was grafted from my calf. Takes a good year to heal.
Meniscus - Think I was lucky, it was torn laterally so it was sewn but had to be on crutches for 2 months.

Good luck

Old 07-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #4

Terrible timing

Hi Rick,

Sorry to hear how things developed for you and wishing you a smooth operation and speedy recovery. I think [?] I know how you feel about the timing and I'm sure you'll make it up for the remaining rides of this year in the next season.

BTW, I went to that restaurant on Fraser HWY. Doesn't look like a very impressive place but the burger was good, will try the bison burger next time.

Take care,

E.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #5

Terrible timing

Ricky, ricky, ricky, what have you been up to? Tell you what a friend will do for you. I fly down to Vancouver and ride your bike for you to help you break in that new look fairing and tour trunk. Seems the least I can do for our Regional Leader. I'll even throw in some pictures of your bike on my rides. ;)
All kidding aside, I know that injury is painful and can take some time to heal. Don't sweat the small stuff of a missed riding season, health comes first. Get well and we'll see you soon I hope.

Kevin

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #6

Terrible timing

Very sorry to hear about the timing Rick - do what you have to and heal quickly. Then ride more to make up for lost time...

Old 07-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #7

Terrible timing

Sorry to hear about your no riding this summer.Good luck with the operation

Old 07-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
Top Contributor

Terrible timing

Ricky....that for sure sucks, but as I told you....heal up for the long term. There will always be more rides and rallies! If you check in the Rally threads....you will see we have chosen a location and dates for the West Coast Rally 2011! We'll miss you in Kalispell....but we'll be sure to have a couple brews in your honor! Hang in there my friend...
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 07-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #9
Top Contributor

Terrible timing

Hi all,
and thanks for your encouragement and good wishes.
And Kevin you know how much that means to me to have your generosity expressed the way you have. I have been riding and "breaking in" the fairing and trunk just fine. .....thanks though.
Blue Rebel,.... I hope things go better than what they did for you. I'm looking at 12 weeks I think.

Thanks to all of you again, and we'll talk at you all later.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad

Old 07-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #10

Terrible timing

"Yikes"..%#%^^& Ricky..that really sucks!! Just think..you'll be all better afterwards and a fresh start to riding next yr. so plan your holidays and ride as much as you can next yr. to make up for it. Take care bro..Bdog

Old 07-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #11

Terrible timing

Hey to all West Coasters! Read Kris's thread on the 2011 Rally location and Deb and I are committed to going. Hope to see as many of you there as possible. When we make our way south on the start of the trip, I hope to join up with some of you as we make our way to Crescent City. On the way back we're diverting up to Port Angeles to take the ferry to Victoria to visit Deb's folks for a few days. Then make our way back up through the interior of B.C. and visit friends along the way home.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
Top Contributor

Terrible timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager
Hey to all West Coasters! Read Kris's thread on the 2011 Rally location and Deb and I are committed to going. Hope to see as many of you there as possible. When we make our way south on the start of the trip, I hope to join up with some of you as we make our way to Crescent City. On the way back we're diverting up to Port Angeles to take the ferry to Victoria to visit Deb's folks for a few days. Then make our way back up through the interior of B.C. and visit friends along the way home.

Be sure to call when you come through {or before} Langley.\ Kevin.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
Canada
Black 2006 Nomad