Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #1

update on cobra slash downs

first off i must say that i am a little hard of hearing. i put my new cobra pipes on this morning. they are the slashcut with the welded in baffles. first off the quality is the best i have seen of any exaust system i ever installed. the chrome is excellent. every thing fit perfect except for the rear head pipe shield. which would have hit on the front pipe shield at the bottom. i almost cut the bottom shorter but came up with an easy fix. a spacer between the shield and the pipe at the bottom shield hose clamp. looks like a factory job. and no metal to metal contact between the two shields. only other problem is i had to trim the front of my fire and steel chrome waterpump cover to clear the front header pipe. they look awesome on the bike with the big angle on the slash cut. now the best part they have exactly the tone i was looking for at all speeds and idle. they have a crisp clean midrange tone. not to deep and not tinny. absolutely exactly how i wanted them to sound. they are alot louder than stock but your not going to annoy anyone or have the cops after you. remember i am half deaf ,lol, but loud pipes do still annoy me. they have long straight through louvered baffles with packing. i only rode it about 7 miles but had it up to 70 and leveled off. they just purr at 70. they will sound off if you grab some throttle. as far as power goes i think it picked up a little from idle on up. haven't got on it but the off idle throttle response seems to have improved. i have the cobra 2000r set at 3-4 1 , a pro hypercharger, and coasters. no backfire or popping on decel at all. i bought some new harley gaskets the number recommended and did'nt use them cuz i did'nt like them, and they were slightly smaller in diameter. i reused the old ones and got a perfect seal. theres a trick to that too, in the tighten down sequence. i highly recommend this system if you want a really nice looking set of pipes, with a really pleasant v-twin sound, without the noise. dennis kirk has them for $466.00 including shipping and i had them in 3 days. there you are i think i covered it all in an honest way. bill

Login or Register to Remove Ads