Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 12-12-2008, 05:25 AM   #16

Well it is done. V&H Baggers installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
mikesth, yeah if you were aiming that bit at me, I did the grind inside over cut the pipe. Twice now... I don't like the cut the pipe way personally.. That is because i don't like the clamps and the bolts, and want all the pipe I can get inside the muffler.
Macmac - not specifically you, just frustrated that a company can offer such an expensive product with a known issue and we continue to buy it and "fix" it because our alternatives are so few...'sigh'

As you mentioned, you had another install comming up, I would bet there will be some issue with the back cyl fitment. Just good timing to tell all those that hadn't delt with it to expect it and be prepared.

The silly part is this would be such an easy fix for V&H

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-12-2008, 05:29 AM   #17

Quote:
That is because i don't like the clamps and the bolts, and want all the pipe I can get inside the muffler.
Yup, more pipe the better - are you having any leakage without any clamps? I'd certainly consider it. I would think the under-bag mounts would keep the assembly together. The more I think about reassembly without clamps, the more I like the idea.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #18
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to dhomoney Send a message via Yahoo to dhomoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske
dhomoney,
Sorry you had such a hard time with these. I had the dealer put mine on before I took delivery...so I can't comment.

Here is a link to a thread about a mod for those new Baggers I think you will really like. A couple screws on either pipe to get the baffles out and you can play with it all you want.

I know...just what you want to do after fighting to get them on....but if you don't like the sound and added benefits, it's super easy to go back to the stock condition of your Baggers! The stock Baggers do sound awesome, but I'm almost certain you will like them even better after this simple mod.... ;).

http://kawanow.proboards77.com/index...ad=7970&page=1
I have been following the thread and may end up doing this as well. You've done good work on this.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:02 PM   #19
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to dhomoney Send a message via Yahoo to dhomoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebandit
Quote:

Man I got no idea what yer doing right, but what ever it is keep it up... So far since 04 you are the first one to buy and fit one of these set ups with out cutting or grinding to fit..

About when was the date you bought these?

I got a set in Sept this year and they went on like a glove.
Mine were in November and I had to cut, cause grinding didn't work.