Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Apealling or Repulsive?

I'm not looking for the " It's Your Bike and That's what Counts" speech. I just want to hear your personal opinions.

I have always been a huge fan of fringe, tassels, conchos, studs and mud flaps and things. I have always loved the look of tassels from the handle bar ends. Fully studded seats, backrests, saddle bags, tank bib and fringe lining the floor boards, saddle bag sides and the rear of the fenders. The way they dance in the wind. I have yet to see a bike more visually appealing to me than a drifter or indian, loaded with as much of this flair as possible. With chrome laced wire wheels and fat white walls to make it all pop. Very classy imo.

The fringe is what I'm seeking your opinion on the most though. I LOVE the fringe. Only on the bike though, Not on your jackets and chaps fellas. Lol. Anyway being that I'm 37 years old, the people I ride with seem to have a different opinion on the matter and I really don't want to be the center of all their negative attention when we're at the local bike night gatherings. Image is still somewhat of an issue to me at this point in my life.

Also I ride an 06 Nomad and not sure if this look would compliment the hard bag style. So let the debate begin. Anyone?

Login or Register to Remove Ads