Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #1

darkside moron

I went to the tire store today cause of a screw in my truck tire. While waiting i had the manager look up some car tires for the nomad. They didn't have the size i want available. Heres where it gets interesting. He asked what the tire was for and when i said a M/C he said that was the most dangerous thing to do because the tire is a steel belted radial and could separate. I told him a lot of people are doing it with no problems and he said its just a matter of time before something bad happens. So i asked him if he had first hand knowledge of c/t coming apart on a bike and he said no it's just his opinion. Then he said about riding in a curve on the sidewall. I told him about delphi and darksiders website to get more info and he said it didn't matter because anyone with a c/t on a bike has a death wish. By now i'm a little warm because of his attitude so i told him he was ignorant on the subject and obviously didn't care about the facts. He ignored me the rest of the time i was there. So needless to say they lost a customer today!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads