PDA

View Full Version : Backrest for 2010/2011 Nomad

RISTON
10-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Can you just add a drivers backrest to stock seat or do you need to buy a new seat with backrest?

captj3
10-13-2011, 09:47 AM
You can just buy a backrest for the stock seat. Kawasaki makes one and grasshopper, ultimate seats (I think) too. They are only for the stock seat and can't be used with any of the after market seats.

jwg383
10-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Grasshopper Limited. For $110 shipped, its the best investment I've made on my bike so far.

replay13
10-13-2011, 02:22 PM
I couldn't live without my Grasshopper now, it only takes about 5 mins to install. Then you can slip it in and out of the bracket in a few seconds... if you ever wanted it off.
James

mweaver
10-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Utopia sells a very high quality backrest and the fabric is a perfect match to the stock fabric.

tomahawk
10-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Have used the u-top on other bikes and have one on order for the new Vaquero, These folks now how to make an exelent backrest and other things as well.

fysl33
10-22-2011, 02:04 PM
I ordered the BAkUp driver backrest , and it looks great same height as the passenger backrest ,same as the seat material , fully adjustable , very comfortable .

http://www.ceebaileys.com/bakup/adjust_samples.html

tomahawk
11-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Got the Utopia in and in about 5 min.was riding off for the test ride . Looks great and rides very well. Yes it too is adjustable in hight and angle. Hiley recemended.

twowheeladdict
11-18-2011, 11:21 PM
I tried the Grasshopper and I liked it OK. Especially for the price. I couldn't use it with my wife on the bike because it set too low and dug into her thighs. The best part about it is that it is quickly removed.

I now have the Kawasaki backrest which works well and is designed with passenger safety in mind. $$$ though.

Pitchinguy
11-19-2011, 07:42 AM
I tried the Grasshopper and I liked it OK. Especially for the price. I couldn't use it with my wife on the bike because it set too low and dug into her thighs. The best part about it is that it is quickly removed.

I now have the Kawasaki backrest which works well and is designed with passenger safety in mind. $$$ though.

Do you have enough room for your wife with the Kaw backrest? I have the Kaw backrest & am disappointed because there's little room for the passenger & I have to take it off when the bride rides w/me. It's a PITA cuz ya have to unbolt the thing & if I'd known all that, I'd never have bought it. Wonder why they didn't make it removable for all that $$$ they charge for it? I've been considering the Grasshopper since it's easily removed. Kaw could make a great feature if they would make the passenger backrest & trunks adjustable back a couple inches & make the driver backrest removable. Looks to me like it would be pretty easy to do! >:(

twowheeladdict
11-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Do you have enough room for your wife with the Kaw backrest? I have the Kaw backrest & am disappointed because there's little room for the passenger & I have to take it off when the bride rides w/me. It's a PITA cuz ya have to unbolt the thing & if I'd known all that, I'd never have bought it. Wonder why they didn't make it removable for all that $$$ they charge for it? I've been considering the Grasshopper since it's easily removed. Kaw could make a great feature if they would make the passenger backrest & trunks adjustable back a couple inches & make the driver backrest removable. Looks to me like it would be pretty easy to do! >:(

You can buy a kawasaki passenger seat for $120, then you can just switch out seats when she rides with you.

My wife is a size 4 so no room issues. If she were larger I would just take off the backrest and lean against her. :)