Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 07-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #1

Handlebar Riser Advice?

I've got a 2009 Nomad and would like to add some handelbar risers. I would like to get a set that raises and brings back the bars about as far as the stock cables and hoses will allow with out removal. What are your recommendations and experiences? Thanks in advance.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-03-2016, 10:34 PM   #2

Try Chucksters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonHambrick View Post
I've got a 2009 Nomad and would like to add some handelbar risers. I would like to get a set that raises and brings back the bars about as far as the stock cables and hoses will allow with out removal. What are your recommendations and experiences? Thanks in advance.
I have had the same set of the Chuckster risers on my 3 Voyagers and they work well.

http://chucksterscustoms.com/Home/Pr...Number=VN17RCP

Old 07-03-2016, 11:33 PM   #3

installed Chucksters risers on my 2013 Nomad and they worked great with no cables or hoses to change.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:55 AM   #4

Chucksters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonHambrick View Post
Chucksters here too

"People ask us why we ride a motorcycle. For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible."

Tom Centofanti
Florence, NJ
VBA#3676

Old 07-04-2016, 10:29 AM   #5

Well that seems pretty unanimous! I'll check them out. Thanks everyone.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike07nad View Post
I have had the same set of the Chuckster risers on my 3 Voyagers and they work well.

http://chucksterscustoms.com/Home/Pr...Number=VN17RCP
I also have the Chuckster risers (13 Voyager) however now when I turn all the way to the right or left the bars hit my inner fairing below the gauges, does anyone else have this issue? and is there a fix? any advice would be appreciated

Old 07-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99xcsp View Post
I also have the Chuckster risers (13 Voyager) however now when I turn all the way to the right or left the bars hit my inner fairing below the gauges, does anyone else have this issue? and is there a fix? any advice would be appreciated
It's a common problem with any risers. They don't touch by much, but I drilled the stop, and loctited small self tapping screws in each side.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 07-04-2016, 10:51 PM   #8

Maybe this will help.

Quote:
If mine touch it is ever so slightly at full turn.

Try rolling your bars down a smidgen. That's a technical term for just a wee bit.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Mine hit slightly from day 1 on the left side (turning right). After installing Chuckster's risers they hit really hard, I mean bend the plastic hard. My current fix (Chucksters recommendation) is a short piece of 5/8 id heater hose on the stop. Now it's back to how it was factory. I asked one mech at the dealer and he thinks Kawasaki should have moved the fairing forward a bit as this is a common thing.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemeanie View Post
Mine hit slightly from day 1 on the left side (turning right). After installing Chuckster's risers they hit really hard, I mean bend the plastic hard. My current fix (Chucksters recommendation) is a short piece of 5/8 id heater hose on the stop. Now it's back to how it was factory. I asked one mech at the dealer and he thinks Kawasaki should have moved the fairing forward a bit as this is a common thing.
Thanx for the recommendations! I will try it. My Chuckster risers make it hit really hard also, I almost wanted to take them off because of the issue.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:00 AM   #11
Advanced Member

I'm using Phat risers and guess I got lucky cause mine don't hit (others say they do) but come within 1mm. I do turn full lock in parking lots.

If mine did hit I looked at the stop and thought I could arc weld a bead on the stop to extend bump easily.