Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 08-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #1

Favre's wearing purple

well I can't say I am surprised to see he twisted his way out of retirement one more time. This guy should be forced to sign a non-competition agreement.

I can't complain too much though. I drafted him in my fantasy league last year in like round 7 or 8 and I am in a keeper league. That means I can keep him for this year and only loose a pick one round earlier than I drafted him. you know they will play him till he dies so I should score big with him this year.

I am a 9ers fan but go big purple.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
Advanced Member

Favre's wearing purple

I love it!! I'm a huge Favre fan and I pull for whoever he plays for. People make such a big deal out of him changing his mind. Has any of us ever changed our minds? The guy can still play and he wants to play and my prediction is the Vikings just became a Super Bowl contender. All the networks and smartass commentators make fun of him for being from Mississippi. ( I think we've had some pretty good players from down here: Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Steve McNair and Favre, just to name a few). The guy has 3 MVPs and 10 Pro Bowls, enough said. And it appears that a Southern boy has thrived in the worst playing conditions possible (Lambeau Field). I hope he makes the haters eat their words, again. I love it when the "experts" look like fools. Jamie

Old 08-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
Mega-Contributor

Favre's wearing purple

Favre can turn purple and explode for all I care. He needs to quit before he becomes more of a punchline. The great ones leave gracefully at the top of their game: Gehrig, Elway, Young, Aikman, Bradshaw, et al. Well, Gehrig had little choice. You know what I mean.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 08-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #4

Favre's wearing purple

Doesn't sit well with the green and gold fans at my house. It's like a comb over; let it go.
VBA #1047
07 Electra Glide Ultra (43,300 & counting)
03 Nomad - 37,972 (traded 5/6/13)
99 Nomad - Only a memory since 4/27/13

Old 08-18-2009, 05:36 PM   #5

Favre's wearing purple

Totally sick of hearing the word "Favre." It's gotta be a blast being one of the other quarterbacks in Vikings camp and thinking he's staying retired at the end of July. Oh, I think I'll play now in August. All he wants to do is miss as much training camp as possible.
He'll probably retire again tonight and then sign again tomorrow...

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-18-2009, 07:08 PM   #6
Advanced Member

Favre's wearing purple

If y'all want to get pissed off at somebody, get pissed at the media, because they're the ones with nothing else to do in the off-season so they dig for all the crap they can. They're the ones that cram it down y'alls throats. Brett's just down here at his home helping coach his old high school. Maybe if he were from your neck of the woods, you would have a different perspective? But, I'm used to getting crapped on down here, everyone's got their own ideas and beliefs about us, (mostly misguided or ignorant), and for those I don't care for. I'm just being polite. Jamie

P.S. You would think that with the injuries he has played with throughout the years without complaining and pretty much giving all he has for his team, he would have earned everyone's respect. Some well-paid athletes don't even practice with their teams. Well, not everyone knows how tough and dangerous football is. And how many athletes out there play and have fun and show it every game? At least he plays it for the right reasons.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
Advanced Member

Favre's wearing purple

And he gave everything he had for the green and gold for 16 years and "they" decided to move ahead without him. He put them into contention every year he played.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #8

Favre's wearing purple

Bret was a great QB in my opinion, even though he never raised and drowned pit bulls.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 08-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
Top Contributor

Favre's wearing purple

I agree Cajun. The media has been talking about this since the end of the season and before pre-season. At least this time they went and got him instead of him trying to force himself on a team. At least that's what it appears. Just don't look behind the curtain.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 08-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #10
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Favre's wearing purple

My thoughts are that I don't care one way or the other if he plays or anyone else for that matter. I love college football and some pro and college baseball. They have never had to do what most of us have, work. That is why they call it play ball. I did that for a few years because it was fun. Social Security pays me $1224 per month to sit on my butt and the Army and VA pay me a little over a thousand more each month. So I sit on my butt. It isn't necessarily fun but it is a living.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 08-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #11

Favre's wearing purple

I just hope he gets whatever it is he is after and retires for good before he gets injured badly and has to quit because he is permanently damaged. I hate to see that happen to any player but the older they get the better the chances.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #12

Favre's wearing purple

Complete agreement, I hope he finds what he is searching for but by all means the media makes this a bigger deal than it is. What else do they have to do though?

Old 08-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #13
Advanced Member

Favre's wearing purple

I don't remember anyone raising cane when Michael Jordan retired twice, just to come back. And, as far as I can tell, Brett has not broken any laws or done anything to any of us, personally, so we shouldn't complain. I would hope we have more important things in this country to complain about.We have murderers, rapists, wife-beaters, child molesters and child abusers running around in the NFL. And all he did was change his mind twice......Well, I hate Southern Miss, where he played college ball. (I bleed Ole Miss red and blue), but he earned my respect back in college at little 'ol Southern. As a freshman QB he led his Golden Eagles to a huge upset over the mighty #1 ranked FSU Seminoles in Tallahassee. A couple years later he had about three feet of small intestines removed after a car wreck and a couple weeks later led his team to another huge upset over a highly rated Alabama team...You know, heroes are hard to come by. Ted Williams, in my opinion, the greatest baseball player ever, broke all sorts of MLB records and was the last player to bat over .400, despite having to fight in two wars (WWII and Korea) during his career. He was once asked late in his career what it felt like to be a hero. He just said "I'm no hero, son, I'm still alive!". That may have been the best answer to a question I have ever heard. As far as modern-day athletes go, IMO, he's about as close to a living hero as a person can get. Nobody has played the game like he has the last 20 years or so. He's his own person, even if that means getting some folk's panties in a wad. Jamie

Old 08-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #14

Favre's wearing purple

Go Favre! I'm behind him!

Old 08-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #15
VBA Founder

Favre's wearing purple

Favre can play for whoever he wants IMHO.

Pudge has come back to the Texas Rangers and they're Wildcard bound.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip