Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 03-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #1

Question Exhaust Advice.

I know, exhaust is a heavily debated topic, with after markets, debaffles, Fuel Processors, ect... I have a couple questions im hoping to get feed back on.

First off, I have a 2010 Nomad 1700, (Stock Exhaust).

So of course i want new exhasust. So yes im looking for reccomendation on what is best, what sounds the best, and what do i need to go with it, Any other Mods, or Fuel Processers ect.. Im a Novice in this area.

ALSO: my other requirement is i liek the look of the duals and prefer to stay with duals, and also want to try to get pipes that are smaller in diamater then the stock,

I love the look of the cannon mufflers, but Im an aggressive twisty rider and im already dragginer my chrome, which makes me cringe, but it is what it is and thats how i ride.

So im looking for Duals, Hopefully smaller diamter, for the best sound, and what other mods would i need for your reccomendation... Lets hear the comments! Post links to a source if you have any!

Thanks guys!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #2

Here is a link to my thread comparing 2 brands of slip-ons on my dyno...

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29725

RACNRAY

Old 03-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #3

Question

Ok, so after the advice so far, and further investigation, Due to your study, The V&H are def more power improvement, I like that they are less constrictive, and hear they are a little louder, So with that given, My bike is completely stock, If i use the V&H Twin Slash Dual Slip Ons, Will i Imediately need a fuel management system? I dont believe i should, Not that it wouldnt help, but at least for this season i would be fine with out it right? especially since im not changing anything on the intake yet.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
Top Contributor

Just changing the mufflers should be okay. Put a fuel proccessor and a bigger intake on your wish list. They will put a smile on your face !

Old 03-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
Just changing the mufflers should be okay. Put a fuel proccessor and a bigger intake on your wish list. They will put a smile on your face !
100% agree...

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #6

as with anything exhaust related im sure there are alot of opionions on this, but for someone who is only an average gear head, what is the best Fuel mangement system that is easiest to use, while still being effective, and reasonable on cost. After 400 for pipes, i cant spend another 400 on Fuel management, I saw Fuel Pak but it doesnt appear to support the Nomad 1700? Anyone use one of these? Looks user friendly or are their better options that are just as easy? would love to hear feedback, dont know much about them?

Old 03-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #7

i Think from all the threads im reading it sounds like Cobra F12000 is my best bet. Sound user friendly, i dont want much more than plug and play, and the cost is reasonable, but they have 3 models? Anyone have a preference or know the differences?? hoping to order tonight, let me know if you have feedback thanks guys!

Old 03-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
Advanced Member

For install and forget about= there's the Cobra Power Pro - around $400 - For install and adjust with your computer there is the PCV - many folks have many maps they will share with you these are a little less than the Cobra Power Pro . . . For install and play with the pots, there's the Cobra FI 2000 or the Dobeck . . .I have the Power Pro on my Voyager - IF I decide to change it, I will be calling Dobeck next . . . Great customer support, and very economic and easy to use system . . .

Thunder Air Kit
Power Pro
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Wrapped Header Pipes
Heat Deflectors (from ebay)
CB/Rear Speakers
Avon grips with Throttle Magic by RACNRAY
Shiny Chrome stuff
Michelin Commander IIs
Kury T/S Mirrors
Sagebrush Design tank bib w/pouch
Russell Day Long Seat w/Backrest
Lots of Miles and Many More Smiles!

Blue Knights - Virginia II
Ride With Pride

Old 03-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #9

I do l have a new cobra fuel processor for sale, 92-1965 is the part number, it is the manual tune model, plug and play and adjust as you need.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Old 03-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #10

Pissed

Well was hoping to get lucky when removing the old exhaust and save the gaskets as i didnt order any......and.....Only one stayed in the pipe....:(....Guess no new exhaust until next week then the gasket gets here.....Damn....

Old 03-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #11
Top Contributor

Cobra CVT

I have the Cobra Power Pro CVT, stock mufflers and Chucksters intake. Very happy with the improved driveability and performance.

http://www.cobrausa.com/fuel.php

Tags
exhaust, mufflers, pipes