Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 04-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #1

Looking for a Venture Trunk?

For anybody looking for Venture Trunks ...

A few months ago, I bought a 1985 Venture trunk, luggage rack, and mounting rack to make it detachable for $150. It was in great shape ... just had to have it painted ($250) and reupholster the backrest ($55). I'm out $455 total plus the wompus rack, and I'm thoroughly pleased. Anyway, since Venture trunks appear to be fairly popular with the KawaNOW folks, I wanted to share the contact information of the guy I got it from. He sells Venture parts and was really easy to deal with, emailing pics and answering all my questions before I bought. He said it was OK to pass his email address along for anybody else who might need one.

He goes by the name PJ, and his email is: [email:dpb37wg8]venturebikeparts@cogeco.ca[/email:dpb37wg8]

I believe he lives on the Canada/U.S. border on the Canada side and can ship from either country to save shipping costs. You can see the trunk I bought in my signature pic. :)

BTW ... that was $150 shipped, including him having a key made for it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #2

I got to admit, that's a great price.

2004 1500fi - Blue and Grey
Ultra Nomad - In progress

CMC#12065 - Edmonton

Old 04-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #3

For sure! Thanks for sharing the info.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 05-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

I just sent him an email. We will see what he says.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 05-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

Thanks for the information. Sounds like a great price.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #6

I contacted PJ and he answered back. He has a killer deal on a Venture trunk. I have thought it for a couple of days and decided not to put one on the Nomad. I guess that I like the rack that I have now.

He has a trunk with lock, hinges all work. It was readied for paint by the previous owner who blew up his bike before he finished the trunk. He has the chrome mounting rack, the trunk and the chrome top rack. He only wants $60 for the trunk and mounting rack and an extra $20 for the chrome top rack. With shipping it all would only be about $110.

His email is venturebikeparts@cogeco.ca

This will be the deal of a lifetime for someone who wants to put a trunk on their Nad.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 05-16-2011, 10:49 PM   #7

I believe that this particular trunk is off the market. I exchanged emails with PJ today and committed to buying it. Too good of a deal to pass up. Thanks for posting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho (High Plains Drifter)
I contacted PJ and he answered back. He has a killer deal on a Venture trunk. I have thought it for a couple of days and decided not to put one on the Nomad. I guess that I like the rack that I have now.

He has a trunk with lock, hinges all work. It was readied for paint by the previous owner who blew up his bike before he finished the trunk. He has the chrome mounting rack, the trunk and the chrome top rack. He only wants $60 for the trunk and mounting rack and an extra $20 for the chrome top rack. With shipping it all would only be about $110.

His email is venturebikeparts@cogeco.ca

This will be the deal of a lifetime for someone who wants to put a trunk on their Nad.
86 Kawasaki 454 LTD
VBA member #1578
HOG Member #4541840
AMA Member # 2700186

Old 05-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucks1911
I believe that this particular trunk is off the market. I exchanged emails with PJ today and committed to buying it. Too good of a deal to pass up. Thanks for posting this.
Please post before and after pics. I found PJ through much searching on the internet for used venture trunks, and I ended up finding him on a Yamaha Venture board similar to KawaNOW. I was pleased with the trunk I got from him. I could have gotten one even cheaper, but it was from another year model that was slightly smaller and didn't have the reflector on the back. He says he gets them regularly, and he's the most reasonably priced that I've ever seen. Over several months, I couldn't ever find a deal this good on ebay. I hope it works out as good for you as it did for me. :)

Old 05-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simdog
Quote:
Please post before and after pics. I found PJ through much searching on the internet for used venture trunks, and I ended up finding him on a Yamaha Venture board similar to KawaNOW. I was pleased with the trunk I got from him. I could have gotten one even cheaper, but it was from another year model that was slightly smaller and didn't have the reflector on the back. He says he gets them regularly, and he's the most reasonably priced that I've ever seen. Over several months, I couldn't ever find a deal this good on ebay. I hope it works out as good for you as it did for me. :)
Greg, that trunk looks really good on your Nomad. do you have any idea what year it is?
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 05-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Greg, that trunk looks really good on your Nomad. do you have any idea what year it is?
Thanks ... it's a 1985. It's the same trunk as the 1983-84, but the 1985 model is slightly bigger and has a reflector on the back. The only drawback to the 1985 trunk is that most parts are unique to only that year since the dimensions were bigger than the previous years and the 1986+ trunks were a different style. Despite that drawback, I went with it because of the size and reflector ... and because I had a choice. I would have been happy with any of the Venture trunks though. There was a problem with some of the earlier trunks having "spider" cracking in the paint, but mine didn't. If so, you will have to prep it well for painting. If this trunk that's being sold now has already been prepped by the previous owner, the paint job will probably be cheaper. Mine was $250 to paint, including the prep work.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #11

It wasn't prepped. It has had a couple of hairline cracks repaired. I will be doing all the prep and paint myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simdog
Quote:
Thanks ... it's a 1985. It's the same trunk as the 1983-84, but the 1985 model is slightly bigger and has a reflector on the back. The only drawback to the 1985 trunk is that most parts are unique to only that year since the dimensions were bigger than the previous years and the 1986+ trunks were a different style. Despite that drawback, I went with it because of the size and reflector ... and because I had a choice. I would have been happy with any of the Venture trunks though. There was a problem with some of the earlier trunks having "spider" cracking in the paint, but mine didn't. If so, you will have to prep it well for painting. If this trunk that's being sold now has already been prepped by the previous owner, the paint job will probably be cheaper. Mine was $250 to paint, including the prep work.
86 Kawasaki 454 LTD
VBA member #1578
HOG Member #4541840
AMA Member # 2700186

Old 05-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #12

Quote:
It wasn't prepped. It has had a couple of hairline cracks repaired. I will be doing all the prep and paint myself.
At that price, I wouldn't expect it to be prepped. That's still a good deal. Mine had a crack previously repaired also, but it was done well.