Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada East Group

Old 05-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #1

Tire's

I've been thinking of changing the tires on my Voyager and received some good advice from the forum. I've decided on the Commander II which the reviews look quite good, now like alot of us money just doesn't grow on trees and living up north in Ontario our income is usually made through the summer months with the cottagers. Anyways my thought was to change them one at a time and talking to friends up here that ride also tell me that it could be an issue with handling if I'm not careful, right now there's Bridgestone Exedra on the front and rear both cruiser naturally. If I was changing to more of a racing style of tire I could see it being a issue. Its been twenty + years out of riding but this sounds odd, any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Top Contributor

I don't know for sure, but the Commander II is a dual compound tire. Only having one of those might very well be an issue.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 05-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #3

I hope it's not an issue sence I just did this my self. The Bridgestone on the front still has a few thousand miles left on it and I hate to throw money away. I've only put a few miles on mine (just to scuff it up) so I can't help you with handling yet. I hope it works out good or I'll be replacing the front before I want to

David (Framer) Marang
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
VBA#02245
VROC#35311

2013 Antlers 2014 Mountain View 2014 Antlers
2015 Eureka Springs 2015 Antlers 2016 Salem 2016 Antlers
2017 Eureka Springs 2017 Lake George 2017 Antlers
2018 Custer

Old 05-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Framer View Post
I hope it's not an issue sence I just did this my self. The Bridgestone on the front still has a few thousand miles left on it and I hate to throw money away. I've only put a few miles on mine (just to scuff it up) so I can't help you with handling yet. I hope it works out good or I'll be replacing the front before I want to
I hear what your saying, my back tire is getting down [I have around 10,000 k on it] but closer look and cleaning my glasses revealed that my front tire is just shy of the wear bars so its the front tire first. If it was closer to the middle of the summer money wouldn't be such an issue and I'd replace both. I've got a steel plate in my arm about 30 yrs ago from waiting to long to change out my rear tire and getting caught in the rain coming home from work. I guess like you say time will tell on whether it will be an issue [mixing the tires that is].

Last edited by George; 05-02-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #5

I think the only time you run into problems with different tires is if you run a bias ply on the rear and a radial on the front at the same time.

bias front and rear is OK
bias front and radial rear is OK
radial front and rear is OK
but radial front and bias rear is said to cause handling problems.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads