Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #1

Trunk and grab rails question

I've been trying to figure out a way to keep my grab rails, put a Venture trunk on the bike, and not have the trunk too high, and too far rearward.

This weekend I figured out a way to lower the back end of the rails an inch and a half, while keeping the front in the same place.

I had a neighbor hold the trunk on top of the grab rails in their new location, then I edited him out, and kind of turned the trunk green and silver, rather than the brown that it presently is (that's why it all looks a little fake).

The question is, how does the height of the trunk look, and do the grab rails look close enough to the stock location to not catch your attention (had I not drawn your attention to it)?

Thanks for your comments.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #2

Heigth looks good but it looks a little tight for a passenger.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #3

The photo editing looks good I would have never guessed. I don't think anyone would notice the difference in grab rail position. As long as your passesger can use them I guess thats all that matters.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #4

Never would've known if you hadn't pointed it out. So...

How'd ya do it?

Old 02-03-2008, 10:26 PM   #5

I'm with watchman on this one. I'm not a big fan of trunks but your pic looks like it would be a real squeeze for your passenger.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-03-2008, 10:30 PM   #6

Dan..the grab rails still have a good flow with the rest of the bike. Trunk looks good but what about the room for passenger..seat room looks good..John

Old 02-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #7

Thanks for the replies guys.

The passenger room thing is not an issue, I was just looking for height. As for as how for forward it is, that's just where the guy happened to be holding it. When it comes to mounting it, I'll put the wife on and see where it needs to slide to.

Cheesy rider, I put the bolt in the front of the grab rail, and let the rear drop till it rested on the brackets. Now I need to make a small flat clip that will allow a short bolt to go through the original hole, and then a longer one higher up to hold it into the original hole. I'll take a picture when I do it.

To do it, you get to keep your grab rails without the trunk being too high, but you have to lose the chrome pieces that go between the bags and the rear fender (unless you wanted to cut them, which I don't). I figure I was fine with my 99 not having them, I'll be fine here too. I don't want to cut them so that when I sell it I can take the trunk off, and put the chrome back on.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #8

It will look good once its in place, just move it back a couple inches.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951