Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #1

Warm in Denver today, went for a ride

It was unseasonably warm in Denver today, it's still 51 degrees right now. It was 56 when I left for a ride this afternoon.

I put some crash bar chaps on today, but didn't get the full effect with it being so warm. I'll have to see how they are on a cold day.

There is still a lot of snow in Denver, so on the main roads I just had to contend with spray from other cars because of melt water on the pavement in some areas.

When I got off onto the side streets I had to be very careful. The side streets still had two melted ruts going down the center of the road, with the rest packed ice. I only misjudged it once and had to play chicken with an oncoming car that didn't seem to understand that I wasn't going to get out of the rut for him.

Because of that, I mostly stayed on the main thoroughfares through town.

Saw some enterprising kids shoveling snow at the skate park. It'll probably snow again before they get anything ready to go. Had to admire their determination though.

It was great to get back on the bike.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #2

Your poor bike must be white with salt spray. You'll probably spend more hours cleaning it than than the hours you rode it. But sometimes you just gotta get out.
Patriot Guard
Kawanow #263 (November 2007)
262 Prior Posts

Old 01-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #3

Pushing it a bit aren't you Dan? I am hoping to give it go tomorrow but want to stay out of the slush. Looks like the Mts are going to get slammed.

Ells

Old 01-05-2008, 12:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Pushing it a bit aren't you Dan? I am hoping to give it go tomorrow but want to stay out of the slush. Looks like the Mts are going to get slammed.

Ells
Mid 50's in Denver again tomorrow, clouds come in the afternoon.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:36 PM   #5

It was even warmer today. I don't know how warm it got, but when I left at 11:00 am it was 60 degrees.

Had a great ride, but there was a pretty stiff wind.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #6
Top Contributor

Good riding dan, but you must watch some of these guys they get jeaulous of us posting comments were riding to work and they post stupid comments. just watch your back. ;-)

Old 01-05-2008, 09:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Good riding dan, but you must watch some of these guys they get jeaulous of us posting comments were riding to work and they post stupid comments. just watch your back. ;-)
They won't get too much of it from me, by Monday the high will only be 35 degrees.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #8
Top Contributor

:-)

Old 01-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #9

Yeah, finally dried out enough along the foothills to get a forty mile ride in. Up to and around Lyons but snow was only a couple miles away towards Rocky Mt Nat Park. First time the 1600 was out in about a month having been ice-bound in the garage, temperature not the biggest problem. Only saw a couple other bikes out. Roads in great shape north of Boulder. I'm fortunate to have mostly empty country roads to ride on near home and are completely dry.

One highlight - Confirmed that I really do have self-canceling turn signals. Didn't realize that being so used to the manual cancel on the 800. Saw some mention of it here but had not had a chance to check it out. Pretty neat (one of those small pleasures in life), and they seem to have some intelligence, they don't immediately cancel if you first turn the opposite direction to set up a turn, humm? Of course, now I'll be more inclined to forget them when on the 800B.