Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #1

Beware: There's a Pusher on the loose

While cleaning my bike in the driveway today, I placed a 2x4 block under the kickstand to raise the port side for a better reach to clean’r. While sitting on a short stool polishing the valve covers on that same port side the bike went over on the starboard side.

Instinctively, I grabbed something on the bike to hold onto, but realized in that moment she was a goner. As she eased on over her side, thankfully I did have a grab on it. As it went over it continued its roll up and over the topside of the crash bars. I pulled hard but it still ended up rolling over enough to mar the side-bag door opener, and the windshield just a little. I don’t know how much more it might have rolled if I didn’t have some kind of handle on it.

As I stabilized the bike lying on its side, I looked back over my shoulder, and saw this guy running away. It became all so clear to me now that he is the SOB that pushed my bike over!

Crash guard’s work (my dings are minor if such a term exist), but please watch for and be very afraid of this pusher guy. He could be in your neighborhood next.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-15-2008, 06:51 PM   #2

MAN what a JERK that guy was,, Sound like something a kid would do.... GLAD you wereny hurt and the bike not damaged much... BET the Jerk couldnt out run a 357 Rich

Old 03-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

Quote:
As I stabilized the bike lying on its side, I looked back over my shoulder, and saw this guy running away. It became all so clear to me now that he is the SOB that pushed my bike over!

Crash guard’s work (my dings are minor if such a term exist), but please watch for and be very afraid of this pusher guy. He could be in your neighborhood next.
There is just no way to account for the meaness and stupidity of some people. Glad that the damage is not too bad.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 03-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #4

gremlins

Old 03-15-2008, 07:39 PM   #5

Sorry to mishap today, hopefully you will find out who it is and deal with him accordingly.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #6

My gut reaction would be to chase him but not sure what I would/could do if I caught him.

I'm sure it was a deprived child, who has had a tough life and no one understands him. It wasn't really his fault. You are no doubt wealthy because you have a nice motorcycle, so what's the big deal?

Old 03-15-2008, 09:33 PM   #7

Geeze Valdez, that guy looks pretty deranged. I don't think I would mess with him ;)
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-15-2008, 10:03 PM   #8

Quote:
While cleaning my bike in the driveway today, I placed a 2x4 block under the kickstand to raise the port side for a better reach to clean’r. While sitting on a short stool polishing the valve covers on that same port side the bike went over on the starboard side.

Instinctively, I grabbed something on the bike to hold onto, but realized in that moment she was a goner. As she eased on over her side, thankfully I did have a grab on it. As it went over it continued its roll up and over the topside of the crash bars. I pulled hard but it still ended up rolling over enough to mar the side-bag door opener, and the windshield just a little. I don’t know how much more it might have rolled if I didn’t have some kind of handle on it.

Obviously this guys has some tics. He was probably just admiring your bike...jerked with one of his tics and accidentally tipped your bike over. Ran away because he was so embarrassed. :-/
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 03-16-2008, 12:23 AM   #9

Sense of humour is always a strong tool..glad to hear ya have one...I bet your first words that came in mind were.."gosh golly" or maybe.."gee whiz"

Old 03-16-2008, 01:40 AM   #10

I think the Guys from New York and he's already bee thru Texas. He runs purdy fast too. He pushed my bike over and I was doin 20mph. Got the same scratches you do and tweaked the bars also. Changed the bars, was doin that anyway. Haven't spent the bucks on new door handle. Leaving it as a reminder. It could have been worse...you could have been under it. I can't bench 800lbs.

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#

Old 03-16-2008, 08:30 AM   #11

Sorry about the bike!!! Glad you are ok!!!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #12

Same guy visited me once. With a VN800, it doesn't lean nearly as much on the kickstand so when I just turned the front wheel to the right and started cleaning the port side of the front wheel, he jumped out from behind a tree and got me too, had to have been him.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #13

Valdex
He did it to me also a few months ago. Same thing, polishing my chrome with a block under the kick stand. Fortunately there was no damage but my heart sank as the bike went over. I'm in Florida you're in NC, maybe he's working the east coast.....

Old 03-16-2008, 03:06 PM   #14
Top Contributor

I never use a block anymore due to that reason, mine never fell over off a block but its just waiting to happen if you do use a block.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #15
Top Contributor

Wait, I think I saw that guy in my garage once too!
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD