Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Who makes a driver's backrest for the Nomad?

Lash me with a wet noodle 100 times if this has been asked a zillion times before..... I did a search and got pretty much everything "BUT" what I wanted! Must be user error...LOL

Thanks,
Daryl

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-02-2007, 06:56 PM   #2

You asked for it....

Old 11-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #3
Top Contributor

CWI makes one, Etopia makes one and Back-up makes one other than that i don't know. i want to add one myself, thinking about the CWI that Dano has on his now.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #4

OK how about some web address for these companys that make the back rest

Old 11-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #5

Try these guys. I have one for my 2001. You will have to call them and check on the newer bikes.

Happy Hunting.

http://www.protac.net/index.htm

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-02-2007, 10:14 PM   #6

I put a Utopia one on this summer. Talk about a nice unit. After putting it on, I took almost a 3,000 mile trip to Sturgis, SD and back home. My back never felt better. When I placed the order, it took close to a month for the back rest to come in. Utopia gets back logged early in the summer as they produce an excellant product. The cost was right at $200.00.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:01 PM   #7

I have a CWI. Got it at www.cruisercustomizers.com

Old 11-03-2007, 07:02 PM   #8

make that www.cruisercustomizing.com

Old 11-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #9
Advanced Member

On the forum I used to participate on (Volusia riders) when I had the Suzuki blvd C50T, there was a member there who made AWESOME backrests for the Volusia/Boulevards. He and I have remained in contact and he is presently working on a prototype driver's backrest for the Nomad. So, if anyone out there wants one and can stand to wait a bit, I can almost guarantee that his price will be MUCH less than even the least expensive of the current backrests available for our Nomads.
For example, there were backrests for the Vol/Bully's ranging from $150-$200. His was EVERY BIT as good in quality, workmanship, fit and finish and was HALF the price. And no, I don't get a cut or a %... I'm just passing on info on a Regular Joe guy who makes one helluva good product for a great price. To give you a comparison: his backrest was compared to the Mustang backrest that comes with the Wide Touring seat set from Mustang. It's THAT good!

Just a heads-up that it's in the works. Also, I don't want to hear the wrath of everyone saying, "why didn't you tell us..." once they see the first one (I have dibs!) on a Nomad.

I'll keep everyone posted when they become available. His name is Lonnie and goes by "bf4cm28" on the Volusia Riders forum. He's a super nice guy and does great work...

Old 11-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #10
Top Contributor

thanks ds I want one when done.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #11

http://www.utpr.com/
Utopia; this is what I have, and I love it!!

Old 11-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #12

Thanks for the info ds06nomad. I'll watch for your updates.

P.S. You might want to post updates when he gets the prototype completed and is ready to sell them on the 'for sale/wanted' forum of this site with his contact info etc. ;)
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 11-06-2007, 10:38 AM   #13
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Count me in on that ds06nomad

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 11-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #14
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
On the forum I used to participate on (Volusia riders) when I had the Suzuki blvd C50T, there was a member there who made AWESOME backrests for the Volusia/Boulevards. He and I have remained in contact and he is presently working on a prototype driver's backrest for the Nomad. So, if anyone out there wants one and can stand to wait a bit, I can almost guarantee that his price will be MUCH less than even the least expensive of the current backrests available for our Nomads.
For example, there were backrests for the Vol/Bully's ranging from $150-$200. His was EVERY BIT as good in quality, workmanship, fit and finish and was HALF the price. And no, I don't get a cut or a %... I'm just passing on info on a Regular Joe guy who makes one helluva good product for a great price. To give you a comparison: his backrest was compared to the Mustang backrest that comes with the Wide Touring seat set from Mustang. It's THAT good!

Just a heads-up that it's in the works. Also, I don't want to hear the wrath of everyone saying, "why didn't you tell us..." once they see the first one (I have dibs!) on a Nomad.

I'll keep everyone posted when they become available. His name is Lonnie and goes by "bf4cm28" on the Volusia Riders forum. He's a super nice guy and does great work...
Now you tell me, after I blew major coin on a 3-piece Mustang...
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 11-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #15
VBA Founder

I have a Utopia installed also. It's nice and I like it. I find that sometimes I can't get my leg over the beackrest (it's Hell getting older). Sometimes I take the rear seat off and put another one I have on without the backrest. Just for a change.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip