Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 07-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #1

Beware Links

Hey folks. Viewed some news story links awhile ago in the Riding and Safety Topic; some of them lead to Canada. Just got my computer hacked a few minutes after that, originating in Ontario area. Just a heads up, clicking into news papers can lead to getting hacked. Be wary, and careful. Thankfully, I have a good antivirus program, which, I think prevented anything from happening. You have been warned.
Harley Bagger Muffs
Christian Motorcycle Rider

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by VARider07; 07-15-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:49 AM   #2

Thanks for the heads up.
Smokier

Old 07-15-2018, 10:12 AM   #3

What links were they?

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 07-15-2018, 02:27 PM   #4

I have found the same problem.Some drunken tw@t keeps posting for me,mostly on a Friday & Saturday night.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
I have found the same problem.Some drunken tw@t keeps posting for me,mostly on a Friday & Saturday night.
Yes Mick, we are aware that someone steals your identity and posts in your name during those times. I believe it was Mr. Hyde....wait....maybe it was Dr. Jekyll.....hmmm... not sure but I think it may be Dr.Jekyll or Mr. Hyde. Not sure which one........

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-18-2018, 04:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hog View Post
What links were they?
JD Hog, thanks for the interest. And, sorry, I don't know. Was in safety for awhile and went to several of the news story links. Then I got a message from google a few minutes later saying someone hacked in to and used my email account. According to google, they claim they prevented anything from happening. Sorry can't be more helpful. They said change password immediately and I did. Lesson learned, I read articles posted here, but won't follow Canadian or British news links.
Harley Bagger Muffs
Christian Motorcycle Rider

Old 07-18-2018, 05:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VARider07 View Post
JD Hog, thanks for the interest. And, sorry, I don't know. Was in safety for awhile and went to several of the news story links. Then I got a message from google a few minutes later saying someone hacked in to and used my email account. According to google, they claim they prevented anything from happening. Sorry can't be more helpful. They said change password immediately and I did. Lesson learned, I read articles posted here, but won't follow Canadian or British news links.
VARider07, thanks for the info. If you come across any in the future please let me know and I can check them out. If they are malicious I can remove the links.

I use Daily Mail Online all the time and have never had any problems. That's where some of my links come from.

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 07-18-2018, 06:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hog View Post
VARider07, thanks for the info. If you come across any in the future please let me know and I can check them out. If they are malicious I can remove the links.

I use Daily Mail Online all the time and have never had any problems. That's where some of my links come from.
That might be where the problem begins.Subscribing to the UK msm is an open invitation to be hacked.It,along with most,if not all,media is controlled by the few.I was talking to a woman recently,who said she was discussing a holiday in Australia with her mother.Nobody else was there in the garden,and her phone was turned off.2 minutes later,she was bombarded with holiday offers in Australia..Some fucker was hearing every word she said.

Old 07-18-2018, 11:10 PM   #9
Top Contributor

Stop peeping over the wall into the neighbours garden !