Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 05-02-2011, 07:18 AM   #1

great ride through VA.

:) Last Friday I loaded up the trailer with my camping gear and the Nomad with my longbow and quiver and headed south from Manassas for an archery event in NC west of Winston Salem.
I call it the beautiful ride with the electrics from hell.
Five in the morning and I plugged in the trailer that was working great earlier in the week. Lights are flickering. Off with the seat fiddle around and the lights work. OOPs down the road the GPS suddenly goes on batteries. Oh well I'll just turn it off till I need it. Later I turn it on and it myseriously has power again. A little chilly so I get out my gerbing liner. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention when the seat was off so the power lead is laying on the engine and is melted just enough to not work. All is not lost the stereo keeps cranking out tunes the whole way.

But the ride was worth it. Great weather and I went down the center of the state through Farmville, Orange and other little picturesque towns. down Route 15. No semis, nice meandering roads, great scenery and very little traffic. It took a little longer to get where I was going but then, who cares when the ride is the thing. You really have to feel sorry for all those people confined in their vehicles with the windows up who never can feel what riding is like.
All in all a great weekend. (Oh yeah. I won the archery.)
"Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out the car window."

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-02-2011, 07:25 AM   #2

great ride through VA.

To add to my all things electric debacle. I dropped my one month old android phone onto the road at 55MPH. I went back picked up the pieces and put them back together and it still works. (No I wasn't using it while riding. I thought it was falling out of its pouch and when I was checking I cleverly managed to push it right out of its little nest.)

Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
great ride through VA.

Sounds like you had an enjoyable trip even with all the little things that went wrong.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181