Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Bagger Magazine

Hello: I have been trying with no avail to find this Bagger Magazine here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I had a guy from Columbus leave a phone message that he saw my scooter in this magazine and wanted to ask me questions? So long story short anyone see this article? And anybody in Canada have you seen this in any of our Magazine Stores?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-18-2008, 06:48 PM   #2

Bagger Magazine

Several months ago there were three Nomads in there. I think two were from Canada. I gave my mag. to my son tho. This month there is only one. I can probably get it back if needed.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:48 PM   #3

Bagger Magazine

WHAT Month?I have APRIL...it should be in Canada as it is Priced for Canada,, BUT I live near the Border in Maine so I see alot of influnce from Canada ,Do you have a Mr. Paperback? Borders book store?If April is the Month you want and cannt find it Drop me aline,, I send you mine,or I can scan the pages and e mail.....................MOST MAJOR BOOK STORES should sell it.Rich

Old 03-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #4

Bagger Magazine

Quote:
Several months ago there were three Nomads in there. I think two were from Canada. I gave my mag. to my son tho. This month there is only one. I can probably get it back if needed.
The Yellow Nomad Belongs to DANO on the Kawasaki Vulcan forums.. I think he pops in here as well,,,,,,NICE to SEE METRICs get some RESPECT!!!,,Rich

Old 03-18-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
Advanced Member

Bagger Magazine

No we don't have a Mr. Paperback or Borders? Never heard of them? I've got a couple of people looking. I guess if someone could scan it that would be good too! On a different note - is the Magazine good? Is it mostly an HD thing or 60 - 40 ?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-18-2008, 07:02 PM   #6

Bagger Magazine

Ed, Your bike is on page 115 of the April Issue of Baggers. My bike is on page 20 of the same issue. I've scanned it and it's here for you to look at. Sorry I couldn't do any better.
Ride safe,
Dano

Old 03-18-2008, 07:15 PM   #7

Bagger Magazine

Quote:
No we don't have a Mr. Paperback or Borders? Never heard of them? I've got a couple of people looking. I guess if someone could scan it that would be good too! On a different note - is the Magazine good? Is it mostly an HD thing or 60 - 40 ?
IMO Mainly Hds,, 70/30 a few Metrics,Its my first CopyIts a good Mag ,I read on the Vulcan Forum about Danos bike there. IF you WANT my COPY Let me Know,, I try and KEEP it in GOOD SHAPE
Rich

Old 03-18-2008, 07:21 PM   #8

Bagger Magazine

DANO I thought I saw you post here BUT with CRS disease I cannt be sure ::) Would have been nice if you got more Photo time or more words,,,,,Rich

Old 03-18-2008, 07:41 PM   #9

Bagger Magazine

I figure it's cause my email was more of a dare than a request.
But, those that know me, know that bike. Ain't another like it anywhere. Those that don't know me and own metrics, probably
with they did know who's it was. ;)
I do wish they had use some of my bio but they didn't and that's that. When I get my Nomad Trike finished, I'll send them a pic of it and see if they will publish it. Gotta get me a trunk for it next.
Ride safe Rich,
Dano

Old 03-18-2008, 07:44 PM   #10
Mega-Contributor

Bagger Magazine

Quote:
Hello: I have been trying with no avail to find this Bagger Magazine here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I had a guy from Columbus leave a phone message that he saw my scooter in this magazine and wanted to ask me questions? So long story short anyone see this article? And anybody in Canada have you seen this in any of our Magazine Stores?
The name of the magazine is Hot Bike Baggers, here is their website: http://www.hotrodsbikeworks.com/feat...ite/index.html
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #11
Advanced Member

Bagger Magazine

Dano - Photobucket says its been deleted? Any chance you could e-mail me a copy? rewindguy@shaw.ca

Old 03-19-2008, 05:45 AM   #12

Bagger Magazine

Sorry about that Rewind. Sent you two emails. One full page and
one with just the bike. Quality sucks but that's the best my old scanner can do.
Ride safe,
Dano

Old 03-19-2008, 07:39 AM   #13
Advanced Member

Bagger Magazine

Thanks!!

Old 03-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #14

Bagger Magazine

I havn't been able to find it around here either in any stores.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 03-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #15

Bagger Magazine

Quote:
[quote:m4r6ah5d]Several months ago there were three Nomads in there. I think two were from Canada. I gave my mag. to my son tho. This month there is only one. I can probably get it back if needed.
The Yellow Nomad Belongs to DANO on the Kawasaki Vulcan forums.. I think he pops in here as well,,,,,,NICE to SEE METRICs get some RESPECT!!!,,Rich[/quote:m4r6ah5d]

Don't get your hopes up too high. I just received the MAY 2008 issue in the mail today. There was a letter to the editor saying, basically, "where are all the Metrics you promised?" The Editor replied, and I quote: "Hey T. Moe, we will have a nice range of bikes in the book including metrics, but by and large the nicest bikes we see are Harleys, so that's what mostly will be between the covers."

Like any business, you cater to the majority since these are the ones buying your product and in this case, the majority are Harley owners. So with that in mind, I don't expect to see any more than a token article now and then on Metrics. However, it's not a bad magazine and fairly cheap by subscription. I usually find something worth while to read.
Patriot Guard
Kawanow #263 (November 2007)
262 Prior Posts