Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #1

Reckless Fairing-A couple of questions

I can no longer resist the urge for a fairing

I have the cobra light bar and it appears that will not interfere with the fairing?
I have Chucksters large lowers. Will these interfere with the fairing?
Is the fairing a two piece? If so, do you have to run both the inner and outer shell?
I have no desire for a radio (for now anyway). I also have the Chuckster 2 1/2 inch risers and the cobra tach that is the top half of the left riser. Will these interfere with the fairing?
86 Kawasaki 454 LTD
VBA member #1578
HOG Member #4541840
AMA Member # 2700186

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #2

Reckless Fairing-A couple of questions

Hey Chuck, the fairing I had (sold it when I planned to adapt a frame mounted HD fairing to my 2007 Nomad but now going to go solo/retro) was a Tsukayu but have been close up and personal with a couple Reckless Fairings on Nomads and the two brands are very very similar.
I have the Cobra light bar and it did interfere with the fairing. By tilting the spots a little forward and using the dremel on the mounting holes to move whole bar about a 1/16 inch forward I got around that problem.
Had stock lowers so don't know there.
Yes they are inner/outer. Inner mounts to bike and outer mounts to inner so no inner on bike then no fairing on bike.
Have the same risers on my bike. Without the tach they interfered with the radio cover. I had to notch the cover about 1/2 inch to keep the risers. With out a radio you should be fine with the risers but IMO the only way you will keep the tach is to mount it in the fairing some where. Not nearly enough room to keep it on risers.
If you just want a outer you might look at the plexi windshield that Memphis shades formed into a fairing shape. It can go on with out a inner. But I bet once you have the faining you will want the electronics in just a couple months!
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition