Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #1

Quiet baffles...

Any you guy's with Cobra Speedsters that are pissing off your neighbors and your ear drums, I found a quiet baffle that works very well. They knocked off almost 10 db just at idle. They have a great sound and I think the back pressure they create really helped the engine, might have gained some horsepower? The only thing I did to it was put the 1000 ohm resistor in. I ran the bike for quite a while after they were installed and pulled a couple of plugs and to my surprise they had some light brown color. (No processor) I'm going to put a fresh set of plugs in run it for a while and check them again.

I was so down on the Cobras I had them up for sale until I ran into these baffles. They told me to put the pipes back on and bring it up, we'll put a set on and if you don't like them we'll take them off. I'm glad I didn't sell them is all I can say. They have a great sound, the neighbors like them everyones happy!

The place: Hard Kore Quiet Baffles (on the INTERNET) Ask for Chris.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
Advanced Member

Quiet baffles...

Nice find! You still get the tone you want AND the neighbors are smiling!
Now, if they would just return those hedge trimmers they borrowed last year....
1965 Pontiac GTO, 389 4 Speed. Bluemist Slate
Cruising the back roads, that is living!
Member #000033.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:40 PM   #3

Quiet baffles...

I think the baffles are a great idea. The state of Virginia has stringent motor vehicle exhaust laws that simply state that "after market exhaust systems must meet the original manufactures specifications for both emissions and noise." I sense that there is about to be a big crack down on straight pipes and excessively loud motorcycles in our area. The enforcement of cars and pickup trucks has been ongoing and those violators have been complaining about the lack of enforcement on motorcycles. We have basically left them alone to this point and the topic of when where and what approach we are going to take to start aggressively enforcing loud motorcycle exhaust has been discussed.

We have decibal meters and some have suggested using them. However, the code states manufacture's specs and there are many different manufactures. The maximum decibal number has been requested from VSP because they are the ones who have to inspect 'original construction' before it can be titled and registered. They do not approve anything that HD or any other manufacture cannot produce and sell as new.

A guy recently brought the lack of motorcycle enforcement up in court with the judge and she informed him that there was nothing in the code makes motorcycles exempt. She said she would inquire about the topic with our publically appointed Commonwealth Attorney. In other words, I can feel the winds of change a blowin'.

I do have a comment on a personal experience with loud and annoying exhaust...I recently rode with a group of six motorcycles. The son of one of the guys was riding with us and he was on a sportster with straight pipes. Nobody could stand riding next to him or having him in front of them. At lunch, we voted and subsequently banned him to the rear of the pack during the rest of the ride. He said, "To be honest with you guys, it bothers me too." He told us that he planned to put his factory exhaust back on the bike when he got home. His father said, "If he doesn't, we can nickname him the 'loud-lone-ranger' 'cause he won't be riding with us again with that noise."

Old 02-05-2008, 09:51 PM   #4

Quiet baffles...

The same ol' problem, it only takes a couple of jerks to ruin it for everyone!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #5

Quiet baffles...

I wish they would crack down on the noise here. Loud pipes save lives my a$$ :(" title="" border="0"/>
They just pi$$off john Q Public.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-06-2008, 01:25 AM   #6

Quiet baffles...

Your right about that TOP CAT, a nice mellow sound is one thing but some of these guy's just live for the noise.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:00 AM   #7

Quiet baffles...

Like it or not, as motorcycle enthusiasts we need to start being more careful as to how others perceive us and our actions. Both of my bikes have the factory stock exhaust(just my preference), and I don't see that changing. My son has a ZX-6R, so when I want to go fast, I just borrow that for about 10 minutes. That's all it takes to fill my "need for speed".