Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-12-2020, 04:59 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Office chair recommendations?

I'm currently working from home and may do so for a while. My current office chair has seen better days. Even once I go back to the office, I sit in front of the computer for an hour or two a day when I get home. Here's the rub. I'm just north of 300#. I need a chair with good adjustability but also one that's comfortable and will LAST @ my weight.

I'd prefer mesh but leather or fake leather isn't a deal breaker. I understand mesh probably isn't as long lasting, especially at my weight. Adjustability (tilt, height, tilt lock at various angles, separate backrest angle) is paramount, comfort must be very good, too although I get up every hour or 2 and I have a Purple seat cushion. Looks, etc (color, built in speakers, etc) mean nothing. I don't care if it's black, brown, green or orange. It MUST be able to be delivered. Due to the COVID-19, I'm not willing to visit a store.

I'd like to spend under $300 but might spend a little more depending on the chair.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should buy?
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-10-2022, 01:04 PM   #2

Hi! I think you should try to move somewhere to a warm country and work for your pleasure from some Italian cafe, and then the office account will be unnecessary.

Old 05-13-2022, 11:42 AM   #3

It isn't easy to choose an office chair without knowing your lifestyle and, for example, height. You also need to think about what kind of lighting is in your home office and consider many other nuances. I also work from home now and am immensely happy about it. But I have a big house with a garden, and I usually work on the terrace. I ordered the furniture back in 2020 at www.gardenfurniture.co.uk, and I am very pleased with her. Since the pandemic's beginning, I have been working using this furniture, and I am incredibly comfortable. But you need to understand that this is just an item of garden furniture convenient for me.

Last edited by eframfereday; 05-16-2022 at 04:23 PM.