Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-29-2011, 10:49 PM   #1

Shark Audio System

So last weekend the wife says she found a website that offered audio systems for motorcycles. She's been crying since she sold her last bike and left the audio on it earlier this year. She says the Shark system is a gooddeal(.com) and it got good reviews. I say I've seen it but am not impressed. An hour later, she says it will be here Thursday.

I saw a thread or two about this a while back so I thought I would post the install and some feedback for those who like music while riding but haven't installed a fairing like I intend to.

We're going camping Thursday and Friday so I may not be able to start on it until Saturday. The love of my life rides a Shadow ACE 1100 so don't be shocked.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-29-2011, 11:28 PM   #2

Shark Audio System

Hopefully they will let you return it if your not happy with it.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 06-29-2011, 11:57 PM   #3

Shark Audio System

If I install it, it won't go back......that is unless she pulls the 'wifey' card. I think she will be happy though. Any music is better than no music to her.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #4

Shark Audio System

Please let us know what you think of it when you get a chance. I'm going to be in the market for something like this soon. I like to ride with headphones that help block out the wind noise, but it would be nice to have a set of speakers as well. I assume that you can use headphones with this system as well if you want? What are some of the other options out there similar to this?

Old 07-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #5

Shark Audio System

I had the shark system on my Honda and then moved it over to my Nomad when I first got it. I had no complaints with it and never a problem hearing it at (or above) highway speeds. I only got rid of it because I added a fairing to the nomad.

Brian Muscat
bamuscat@gmail.com
Barrie, ON

KawaNOW #1404
2008 Kawasaki Nomad (Ultra)
Red and Black because they're the fastest colours!
Winter is nature's way of telling us to add more Chrome!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #6

Shark Audio System

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmax5105
I assume that you can use headphones with this system as well if you want?
I don't think you can plug your headphones into the Shark system. It comes with 2 speakers and a FM tuner/amp. It has a remote that you can mount on your handlebars to change stations/songs. I believe you can hook up an MP3 player of some sort, but I'm not sure about the headphone hookup.

It is available in a 100 watt & 250 watt system. From what I've read, the 250 watt system has a connection for a subwoofer.

Matt "Mo" Moore
Owasso, Oklahoma
VBA #1250
2005 Nomad 1600 - Darkside

"There is no normal life, there's just life. So get on with it." - Doc Holiday

Old 07-02-2011, 06:31 AM   #7

Shark Audio System

So I got a chance to unpack the box late yesterday. The small claimed 250 amp has volume and tuner controls as well as an FM readout, sub input and aux connection for MP3. I have read reviews stating that some of the 250W is reserved for a sub. The 4" speakers have a plastice chrome housing and the cones appear to be rubber or polypropylene. One of the reviews also said if you wipe or clean the housings with anything other than micorfiber, you will scratch the surface.

The good is that I tapped into the battery and found the sound to be amazing for the price. I mean no distortion. You have to play with the amp volume vs. the MP3 volume but when you get it right you will know.

First impressions......worth the $113.00 plus shipping.

It's raining here today so probably no road tests anytime soon as I have to modify the pocket behind the side cover to get the amp to fit. Stay tuned. No pun intended.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #8

Shark Audio System

BTW MO, no headphone jack. Check out http://www.gooddeals18.com/category/motorcycle_audio/. There may be a system that offers a headphone jack. Or you can just plug into one of the speaker inputs but you would only get mono audio.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #9

Shark Audio System

After a couple of seeks of what to put where, what brackets to use, etc., this is what we came up with.

This is the contents of the box.

Speakers mounted.

These are the cheapo brackets I had lying around. She didn't order brakets with the system and she was ok with these so....

I installed a 30A relay and six position fuse block behind the side cover. It was tight on this bke but it worked. Some of the wiring is visible below the cover. Just one of those things.

Music player drops in the tank bag.

Just a general shot of my baby's ride.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #10

Shark Audio System

I'm the wife he keeps talking about..I love my Shark Stereo System. We were running 75 mph yesterday and the sound was clear, the husband said he could hear it riding behind me. The only problem I've had with the stereo is my husband rolling his eyes at me when I take the time to turn it on before we take off. Yesterday he said "that music will be the death of you"! I think he's just jealous he don't have one of his own.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #11

Shark Audio System

I had a similar set up on my shadow (though I made mine from parts laying around)
it worked well - and guys riding behind me commented on how they could hear the tunes blasting.

I think it is a really good option, and considering the price point it's great.
on the hondashadownetwork forum it gets great reviews.

2004 1500fi - Blue and Grey
Ultra Nomad - In progress

CMC#12065 - Edmonton