Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-28-2008, 04:18 AM   #1
Advanced Member

windshield bag added

My weekend project was to put the windshield bag on that I got a few weeks ago. I had lowered my windshield, so I had to raise it up again since the tach was in the way. You can see how hazy the shield is , but can't afford to fix that right now. I have a buddy that has cut down windshields before, so that is an option. The bag is convenient for storing the many safety glasses that I have; four in all and a pair of yellow lens glasses. This way I don't have to worry about putting my groceries in my tourpack. The reason I have four pairs of safety glasses is that I wear two different helmets; a shorty and a 3/4 with a full shield. I have a clear and tinted with a diopter inset that I wear with the shorty, but they don't work well with my 3/4 helmet so I have a regular pair of clear and tinted safety glasses that I wear. The yellow lens is for those dreary overcast days. Don't worry, the digital clock isn't stuck to the gas tank, it is velcroed to a magnet. I used to keep it stored on the inside of the horizontal chrome strip above the headlight and moved it to the gas tank while I was riding, but now the windshield bag is there so I guess I'll just keep it on the gas tank. I am looking for a digital thermometer, but so far all I've found is an inside/outside one for cars

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-28-2008, 06:54 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
windshield bag added

Nice job on the windshield bag. I dismissed a cup holder a long time ago for my bike because of my full face helmet. Makes a mess when I try to drink from a cup. LOL
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 05-28-2008, 07:28 AM   #3

windshield bag added

Racinchef, really looks good, nothing like having a little storage that you can access easily. I would suggest using a little loctite on the screws, especially if those are the stock screws. Don't ask me why I would suggest that though

Cliff "VulcanE" Evans
2005 Blue & Silver 1600 Nomad
VBA # 320
VROC # 20381

Old 05-28-2008, 07:30 AM   #4

windshield bag added

Racinchef
Where did you get the bag and how does it fasten? Does it have a bracket of some sort? I have been looking for one.
Idaho , its hard to pick your nose with that helmet on also. Thats why i started using the half hemet. Now i am having trouble answering my phone.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:14 PM   #5

windshield bag added

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinchef

My weekend project was to put the windshield bag on that I got a few weeks ago. I had lowered my windshield, so I had to raise it up again since the tach was in the way. You can see how hazy the shield is , but can't afford to fix that right now. I have a buddy that has cut down windshields before, so that is an option. The bag is convenient for storing the many safety glasses that I have; four in all and a pair of yellow lens glasses. This way I don't have to worry about putting my groceries in my tourpack. The reason I have four pairs of safety glasses is that I wear two different helmets; a shorty and a 3/4 with a full shield. I have a clear and tinted with a diopter inset that I wear with the shorty, but they don't work well with my 3/4 helmet so I have a regular pair of clear and tinted safety glasses that I wear. The yellow lens is for those dreary overcast days. Don't worry, the digital clock isn't stuck to the gas tank, it is velcroed to a magnet. I used to keep it stored on the inside of the horizontal chrome strip above the headlight and moved it to the gas tank while I was riding, but now the windshield bag is there so I guess I'll just keep it on the gas tank. I am looking for a digital thermometer, but so far all I've found is an inside/outside one for cars

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-28-2008, 07:16 PM   #6

windshield bag added

Where did you buy the windsheild bag? How much did you pay for it ?
Redwing049@aol.com

Old 05-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #7

windshield bag added

I have a WILLIE & MAX Version of Bruces Bag ::) Windshield Bag that is .. SHOP around they range fro 20$ to 100+$$ Got my Willie and Max for 1$ on E Bay5$ shipping.. NEW....... They run around 25/30$ Rich

Old 05-29-2008, 05:24 AM   #8

windshield bag added

Man, I must be the cheap one. I just drop a 12" x 6" patchwork leather toiletry bag I found for $6 between the handlebars and the windshield. I use Phat II risers, so there is quite a bit of room. It stays in place without 'mounting' and completely dry.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:01 AM   #9
Top Contributor

windshield bag added

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbeagle
Man, I must be the cheap one. I just drop a 12" x 6" patchwork leather toiletry bag I found for $6 between the handlebars and the windshield. I use Phat II risers, so there is quite a bit of room. It stays in place without 'mounting' and completely dry.
Beezer has something like that. I think he had to dish out $7.00 fer his naw
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:08 AM   #10
Advanced Member

windshield bag added

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwing
Where did you buy the windsheild bag? How much did you pay for it ?
Redwing049@aol.com
I got it from Kawasaki for about $85. It is HUGE.