In Association with VBA Web : Memorial | Merchandise

Important Info : Please Read!
If this is your first visit to our new forum (est. 9.20.11) and you're already registered on the old forum, you'll have to request a new password in order to log in here. To do so, please Click Here and fill in the proper info. You must use the email address that you originally registered with on the old forum. You will then be emailed a new password (if you don't see it, please check your spam/junk folder). If you have any problems at all, please email us at mail@VulcanBagger.com. Thanks!

Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic > Lighter Side/Jokes
Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Gun Wisdom From Texas

Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch, is part Drill Instructor, part
stand up comic. Here are a few of his observations on tactics, firearms, self defense and life as we know it in the Civilized world.

"The handgun would not be my choice of weapon if I knew I was going to a fight.... I'd choose a rifle, a shotgun, an RPG or an atomic bomb instead."

"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and Always win."

"I carry a gun 7 days a week on five of those days I have an attitude problem. You guess which days I have the attitude." J

"Every time I teach a class, I discover I don't know something."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."

"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin, you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick."

"When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in your back pocket... If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel or the tooth fairy....and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

"Do something. It may be wrong, but do something.."

"Nothing adds a little class to a sniper course like a babe in a Ghilliesuit."

"Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until something else becomes available."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about."

"Don't shoot fast, shoot good."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

"You cannot save the planet. You may be able to save yourself and your family."

"Thunder Ranch will be here as long as you'll have us or until someone makes us go away and either way it will be exciting.."

More Excellent Gun Wisdom.......The only purpose of fighting is to Win!

There is no possible victory in defense.

The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either.

The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger, Zeno Smith, responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

8. Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it!

9. The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' - G. K. Chesterton

10. A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both.

11. 'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' ~ Thomas Jefferson

12. "A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy." -- Samuel Adams

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181
Old 07-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #2

Gun Wisdom From Texas

My favorite quote from Clint is
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about."
I have used it many times.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #3

Gun Wisdom From Texas

My vote goes to;
"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's to old to fight, he'll just kill you."
I remind the younger people of this regularly. "I'm to old to fight for fun, I'll just have to hurt you and leave!"
VBA #628
IBA #54485
Old 07-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Gun Wisdom From Texas

I'm with you on that one Jesse. Use to be a lot of fun but not any longer. It hurts a lot more than it used to. I would just have to get it over in a hurry now.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181
Old 07-16-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
Advanced Member

Gun Wisdom From Texas

As an instructor, my favorite is "Every time I teach a class, I discover I don't know something."

A close 2nd has to be "Do something. It may be wrong, but do something.."