Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Mid Life Crisis

When I was at the Motorcycle Show this year I got to talk'in with a couple of guys {from British Columbia} that run a tour Co. called Mid-Life Crisis Tours. I dropped my name in their "win a tour" contest box and to get on their mailing list for their monthly newsletter. No,.. I didn't win the tour.
I think they're on to something good here. I started to think about how lucky I was to have the vacation time I have this year {being off for so long on Workers Comp.} and that I'm able to plan to make the rally in N.C. come June. But there are those who just don't have the time to ride even half way across the country, let alone from one side of the continent to the other. Anyway I thought I'd post a link to their web site for us all here. It's main purpose of course is to sell tours,... but I found the newsletter and a couple of articles interesting and entertaining. It sure inspired and made me think about making the ride this June. Their video also made me think about the rally in Custer and the fun we had on our rides.
Have a look, watch their video, and dream about getting on the road again this summer. I will admit that the prices seem high but I think if you want to do a ride somewhere and only have a week to do it,...this could be something that you might want to look at. It's an all inclusive kinda' thing with the exception of drinks and fuel.
Enough said,.... have a look at the link and if nothing else let the info, pictures, and video inspire you to get out on the road. You might want to sign up for their newsletter, ...I don't know. I have no vested interest here I just wanted to share.

http://www.mctrider.com/index.html

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #2

Mid Life Crisis

What a great place to get ride ideas if nothing else. I would love to do the Eastern Canada ride.

Charlie "Ballast" Krogh
2005 1600 Nomad "Tangerine Dream"
VBA #999
VROC #29355

Old 03-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #3

Mid Life Crisis

Ballast, 2 years ago I did mostly the same route as they offer for the Eastern Canada trip and on a previous trip more of Gaspe than they do. I highly recommend all of the area if you get a chance to go. On the Eastern Board people have been throwing around the idea of getting a group together and doing an Eastern trip and maybe include Newfoundland.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 03-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Mid Life Crisis

Ricky,
I'm sorry but you pictures are too wide, causes me to have to scroll back and forth. By the
time I get back I've lost my place. Would you mind going to your signature pictures and tap
the enter button after your second picture? This will stack yours like CNC.
Thanks. Gerry
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 03-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #5

Mid Life Crisis

Yup, it gets your blood up. The southwest and northeast areas are on my riding agenda. Geez, it 42 degrees outside and I want to get up on that Nomad and ride, ride, ride.
BnG

Dave Mills AKA BiscuitsNGravy
2006 Vulcan Nomad "BiscuitsNGravy"
Kawanow #150
Vietnam @ Jan67-Jan68
Retired USAF
Patriot Guard Riders/American Legion #431

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #6

Mid Life Crisis

Really interesting - love to do the East Coast and if someone puts together a group I am most likely in.
KawaNOW #01650
Bell City Riders #21
SCRC 329
2010 Nomad (The Beast)

Previous Bikes
2008 - 900 Vulcan Classic
1958 HD HydraGlide

Old 03-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #7

Mid Life Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer
Ricky,
I'm sorry but you pictures are too wide, causes me to have to scroll back and forth. By the
time I get back I've lost my place. Would you mind going to your signature pictures and tap
Thanks. Gerry
Good luck that.
I have given up asking others to scale down their pics.
Now I just scroll away.
Not singling you out Rick, there are a lot of guys on here that don't know about the picture size requirement.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #8

Mid Life Crisis

I was looking at the Colorado Rockies Tour. Goes right through my home town of Canon City, CO. It's a good route, to be sure. Gonna keep that in mind for my next trip up there, maybe next year.. But 10 days and 1700 miles is only 170/day. I would get so bored... Certainly not for $3700.00 either. Yikes!

"Taranis" and the Lovely Ann
KawaNOW Oldschool #885
His: 2006 Nomad
Hers: 2008 VN900 Classic LT

Old 03-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #9

Mid Life Crisis

I have been on the Colo./Utah routes several times and the roads and scenery unexplainable. Go to the Utah map and find a small town named Torrey. It's in the middle of Utah almost halfway up. As the crow flies straight up from Page about 80 plus mile. There is a real nice hotel there called Austin's Chuckwagon; a two story log cabin type, it is on the web. Rooms real nice; clean and think go for about $80. The town is right in the middle of the Capital Reef national Forrest/Escalanite Staircase area about 70+ miles from Bryce and Zion; just flat out awesome roads. You can stay in Torrey and spin out in any direction.
Also be warned about the Middle Age Crises Tours in Ariz; Utah; Colo. areas if you decide to do one and are probably a lot of FUN!! If you do them between later May to early Oct.. there will be a lot of HOT riding in the lower elevations in these states just getting to your areas; especially if you leave from Las Vegas. We generally leave on our annual trip from Chandler; Az. the first week of June and it is already about 107 degrs.. We know the same old route getting us out into the cooler higher elevations quickly. However were all jazzed up about our week trip; BUT coming back into the valley is pure HELL!! Of course all of this IMO and you all know how that goes. Just food for thought. Note: that whole area/stretch in Utah from St. George to Provo; east from I-15 into about 150; is full of super scenic loops.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #10

Mid Life Crisis

Quote:
Ricky,
Thanks. Gerry
Gerry, Just curious what size of screen and / or resolution are you viewing this on? Ricks pics just fit nicely with no scrolling on my 14.1" lap top using 1280x 800 pixels.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 03-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #11
Sr. Contributor

Mid Life Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc
Quote:
Ricky,
Thanks. Gerry
Gerry, Just curious what size of screen and / or resolution are you viewing this on? Ricks pics just fit nicely with no scrolling on my 14.1" lap top using 1280x 800 pixels.
I am using a Netbook with a 8" screen. When the photos are within the requirements, they fit
perfect on my screen. When they get three to four wide. I have to scroll, for the most part it
is not a big deal. But when there are over three and four lines to read, it is hard
to stay on track when scrolling. I'm not asking for anyone to suit me, just stay within
the format that is suggested by this forum. Thanks. ;)

Old 03-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #12
Sr. Contributor

Mid Life Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc
Quote:
Ricky,
Thanks. Gerry
He probably has a VGA CRT from 1996.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 03-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #13

Mid Life Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc

Had the same problem till I upgraded from my commodore 64.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 03-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #14
Sr. Contributor

Mid Life Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch

It might be hard to believe, but I am older then my computer.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #15
Sr. Contributor

Mid Life Crisis

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc

It might be hard to believe, but I am older then my computer.
Most people are.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11