I'll have a look.... thxs.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
There's nothing better than posting and still hunting in the northeast woods. A nice cool day, lets say in the 20s or 30s and just me and no one else. I can smell the conifers of Maine and what the dirt smells like. It's not like anyplace I've lived. Death march is a good way to describe western hunting. Especially considering the altitude.
I'm an Arizona native but while in the service i spent a year in North Dakota. The only woods there were inbetween the huge farm fields. I bought a Winchester 30-30 while there and used to walk the edge of the woods bumping up some of the biggest jack rabbits I ever saw. I loved jump shooting those rabbits with my "thutty-thutty". I didn't actually hit many of them but the fun was in the trying anyhow.
That was 35 years ago and I still fondly think about it every now and then. That was some fun hunting.
I was walking the edge of a field one day and about 50 yards ahead of me out from the woods steps a moose. Being from Az i had never actually seen one before. Gawd, what a huge animal! Its like the grand canyon, you have to see it with your own eyes to really understand how big it really is! I looked down at my 30-30, looked back at the moose, slowly backed away and went somewhere else!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days but most times I'm just glad I survived them

Old 09-22-2014, 09:02 PM   #108

Guys have taken down moose with 30 30's here many times. I'm not sure if I'd take one moose hunting myself, but many oldtimers used to.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 09-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
Their whole agenda here in Canada is to make gun ownership as difficult and confusing as ever. They want you to finally give up from all the red tape you need to go through.

Quite similar here in Massachusetts... Once you've secured your pistol permit, not much available. Local gun shop stopped selling new since he can carry less than 20% of the new pistols on the market.
VBA #2354

Old 09-22-2014, 11:19 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by haygrrr View Post
Quite similar here in Massachusetts... Once you've secured your pistol permit, not much available. Local gun shop stopped selling new since he can carry less than 20% of the new pistols on the market.
Why is that?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'05 1600CL. Originator 18" Harley wheel mod, Dobeck TFI, True Duals, Mutazu hardbags, Flanders handlebars n' a bunch more.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-22-2014, 11:23 PM   #111

Quote:
Guys have taken down moose with 30 30's here many times. I'm not sure if I'd take one moose hunting myself, but many oldtimers used to.
I'm sure they do. Its still said that over the decades more game has been taken with the 30-30 than all other calibers combined.
In my case I wasn't hunting moose, didn't have the proper licenses/tags and lived in the Air Force barricks. I doubt I could have stuffed that moose into my little barricks refrigerator! It was best just to walk away.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:27 PM   #112
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Bill View Post
Why is that?
Because he lives in a communist state.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 09-22-2014, 11:34 PM   #113
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
It has to do with ubiquity and economics. The ammo was cheap, available as was the rifle. It's like that with the 5.56. People use AR's for everything from squirrels to hogs to deer. Not my first choice for any of those. As Scotty said, use the right tool for the job.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 09-23-2014, 01:58 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac View Post
This fictional image should be the reality of the situation http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...m#.VCCmbZRufsY
Brilliant

Old 09-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #115

Quote:
Quote:
Why is that?
Quote:
Because he lives in a communist state.
I assume it somewhat like the Peoples Republic of New York only worse if you can imagine that. They probably can't own a pistol which has a removable magazine or holds more than five rounds or something to that effect.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 09-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #116
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
I assume it somewhat like the Peoples Republic of New York only worse if you can imagine that. They probably can't own a pistol which has a removable magazine or holds more than five rounds or something to that effect.
It is the state where they reelected Der Schwimmer and their idea of a republican is a couple notches to the left of Hillary. Then again NY isn't any better, neither is CA or NJ.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 09-23-2014, 09:54 PM   #117

Quote:
Why is that?

They went with the consumer protection angle in the 1990's and now any manufacturer has to submit brand new weapons that meet State guidelines and must pass various drop tests to ensure they do not fire. Over simplified a bit but you get the idea. Very few manufacturers want to waste the time and money. Anything before that date is grandfathered in the State. Hence the used market is crazy with prices climbing each year. I will probably never own a Kimber or another high end 45. Looking at having one built.
VBA #2354

Old 09-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #118

Quote:
Is it that the progressives from high population areas promote this stuff or do canadians in general support it? From my point of view, canadians are overly reasonable in general.
The anti gun lobby is mostly supported in Eastern Canada by what we like to call Libtards and yes it's mostly in the high density metropolitan areas. However you also have to include the smaller kumbaya singing granola crowd out west in this designation so no part of the country is immune to irrational thought. Hopefully they don't swing that lying bag of shit Trudeau "2" into power in the next election or people who believe in any form of personal rights & freedoms can kiss goodbye to the hope of throwing out bill C68 and having a "real" common sense Firearms Act put in place. To answer your question Ponch, you hit the nail on the head. Canadians have been overly reasonable, however there is a growing segment of the population that has rolled over long enough on this type of BS. The NFA has a new slogan that fits. "No Compromise". Here's a fairly accurate rendition given by an outsider that's in the know on the subject.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/lilleyspad/pol...s-and-culture/
VBA #02217
06 Nomad
Buy the ticket, Take the ride.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:57 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post

Actually I think the magazines cannot exceed 10 which is pretty easy to manage. It's all the other regulations that keep manufacturers away. They changed some rules on target/ competition guns but not much else has gotten easier. My family in NY has real concerns with all the mag laws over there.
VBA #2354

Old 09-23-2014, 10:00 PM   #120
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
They went with the consumer protection angle in the 1990's and now any manufacturer has to submit brand new weapons that meet State guidelines and must pass various drop tests to ensure they do not fire. Over simplified a bit but you get the idea. Very few manufacturers want to waste the time and money. Anything before that date is grandfathered in the State. Hence the used market is crazy with prices climbing each year. I will probably never own a Kimber or another high end 45. Looking at having one built.
I think Kalifornia has similar laws, so not all guns are allowed. Even mine wouldn't be certifiable. To hell with that.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT