Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-26-2008, 10:27 PM   #76

Send a message via Yahoo to ruruson1
Lonnie's Driver backrest Review

I have installed a backrest form http://www.utpr.com/ this is a company out of Ca. called Utopia they make a fully adjustable rest up and down 3-4 inches and foward and back with a thumb screw. install requires you to disassemble your passenger seat to install. it also come with a pocket in the rest and folds down for easy pasenger mount and dismount.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #77
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I love the quality and look of this backrest. tested it tonight and some adjustments need to be made for the 1600 Nomad. I spoke to Lonnie on the phone and gave him some measurements. He is great to deal with and I feel like I'm helping develop a new product that will be very popular with Nomad riders everywhere.

I took some pics of the instillation and my wife holding the backrest (there is a backrest in the pic, Nico). I'll do a follow-up soon when the final version gets installed.

jon
What back rest?
I don't see no stinking backrest.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #78

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2007nomad KawaNOW #00481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I love the quality and look of this backrest. tested it tonight and some adjustments need to be made for the 1600 Nomad. I spoke to Lonnie on the phone and gave him some measurements. He is great to deal with and I feel like I'm helping develop a new product that will be very popular with Nomad riders everywhere.

I took some pics of the instillation and my wife holding the backrest (there is a backrest in the pic, Nico). I'll do a follow-up soon when the final version gets installed.

jon
What back rest?
I don't see no stinking backrest.
Look out y'all....here we go again!!! LOL!!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #79

I posted this on another thread but it may have slid under the radar. There was mention on the other thread of the single bolt holding the backrest bracket becoming a little loose. Someone modified the bracket to a three point connection which sured up the seatback attachment to the frame of the bike. Since the reinforced bracket with three connections is stronger and safer, and we are all concerned with safety, is there a possibility future brackets for the Nomad 1600 will have the three point connect? How many who have the backrest see a need for the three point connect? I have heard nothing but great comments on the backrest so it may be a moot point. Just want to make sure before I get one.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe (mrfuni) #250
Put a couple of hundred miles on my backrest and only wish I had the talent to make a sheepskin cover for it. The vinyl gets a little hot on the back here in SW Fla.
SHEEP SKIN Mit at Wal Mart or a AUTO Parts store.. THEy come in assorted sizes and may fit over your back rest.....Rich

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by machodc
BD's last few sexual partners:

Now that s funny, I thought I had a waroed mind I think you bet=at me ::) I read tha and spilled coffee on my Chrome Nuts :'( BUT it wwas worth it .Rich