Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 02-15-2015, 02:51 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
In my opinion, that is not a memorial section.
This from the VRA forum is a memorial section,

http://vulcanriders.us/Remembrance.aspx
Unfortunately, it has drifted far away from what it appears that Trip intended it to be when he created the page back in July 2008 after Chuck Burt passed away. The forum was still Kawanow back then.

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5299

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-15-2015, 03:13 PM   #62
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
In my opinion, that is not a memorial section.
This from the VRA forum is a memorial section,

http://vulcanriders.us/Remembrance.aspx
VROC's goes back to 1998.

http://www.vroc.org/inmemoriam.php
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 02-15-2015, 07:06 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6m4now View Post
Unfortunately, it has drifted far away from what it appears that Trip intended it to be when he created the page back in July 2008 after Chuck Burt passed away. The forum was still Kawanow back then.

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5299
It has drifted all right. Anyone can go on there and post stuff like accident reports etc. That is not a Memorial section.
Only the person in charge should have access to posting names on a memorial site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
VROC's goes back to 1998.

http://www.vroc.org/inmemoriam.php
I like the way that is setup by year.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 02-15-2015, 07:23 PM   #64
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
It has drifted all right. Anyone can go on there and post stuff like accident reports etc. That is not a Memorial section.
Only the person in charge should have access to posting names on a memorial site.

There are too much stuff that's unrelated to members or Vulcan Riders. It should just be VBA members that pass.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 02-15-2015, 07:39 PM   #65

RIP Sam.
VBA #02217
06 Nomad
Buy the ticket, Take the ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-15-2015, 08:26 PM   #66

Quote:

Your 100% right. Maybe changes can be made.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:24 PM   #67

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
I never read the fine print under the header, and maybe others missed it as well.

At this point in the game it's a little late to start kicking Aunt Ginny's dusty ass and her mortuary tribute out of there. Those times are somber for us and if some poor soul feels the need to post a loved one's tribute down there I don't have much of a problem with it.They's a plenny a room for everybody. We let just anybody join.

So y'all geezers go back to your checker game until the Price is Right comes on, and then find somebody else to worry the hell out of.

You making the place feel and smell like a nursing home. Stale piss smell is every where!
NURSE! TIM'S ROBE IS OPEN AGAIN! Sweet Jeasus weeping! Would it kill you to take the trouble to put some boxers on 'im in the morning????

I'm dieing to get in there.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Last edited by Kawhead; 02-16-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Old 02-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
I never read the fine print under the header, and maybe others missed it as well.

At this point in the game it's a little late to start kicking Aunt Ginny's dusty ass and her mortuary tribute out of there. Those times are somber for us and if some poor soul feels the need to post a loved one's tribute down there I don't have much of a problem with it.They's a plenny a room for everybody. We let just anybody join.

So y'all geezers go back to your checker game until the Price is Right comes on, and then find somebody else to worry the hell out of.

You making the place feel and smell like a nursing home. Stale piss smell is every where!
NURSE! TIM'S ROBE IS OPEN AGAIN! Sweet Jeasus weeping! Would it kill you to take the trouble to put some boxers on 'im in the morning????

I'm dieing to get in there.
What the hell,i'll have another one of those, here we go !

Old 02-16-2015, 04:54 PM   #69

Quote:

Those times are somber for us and if some poor soul feels the need to post a loved one's tribute down there I don't have much of a problem with it.They's a plenny a room for everybody. We let just anybody join.
Mike, I disagree with you completely.
When you let anybody post in a memorial thread you end up with a cluster fuck like the present one has become.
It would be better to delete it all together
At this point I don't give a rats ass anymore.
Do whatever the hell you guys want.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 02-16-2015, 05:17 PM   #70

Nothing says we have to reinvent the wheel here. Very simple. Keep the present memorial page as it is and if you want to post Aunt LiL's going away date then post it. Start a new "members memorial" and list our members who no longer ride with us. This is the one that can be reserved just for that reason. Good thing you have some old geezers around to help you young-uns figure some of this stuff out.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:52 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
What the hell,i'll have another one of those, here we go !
As if you weren,t in the sauce already. OFF THAT IVORY TOWER, and BE STILL BLOKE!

Quote:
Mike, I disagree with you completely.
When you let anybody post in a memorial thread you end up with a cluster fuck like the present one has become.
It would be better to delete it all together
At this point I don't give a rats ass anymore.
Do whatever the hell you guys want.
OMG! Eat you a Snickers Bar TC! You get like Betty White when you hungry!
For the love of God!
So, a couple guy's stray and mention scooter involved traffic accidents in the Memorial section. No harm done.
I'll petition the committee and appear before them to argue the case for a VBA only section, a stinking buncha don't got no VB but are enthusiastic about the ones who do got one section, and another section that mentions everything from the passing of dear old gramma, to the squirrel you ran over and laughed your ass off about, to the dawg that performed so much genitalic hygiene that he went blind and got his ass knocked off when he wander out front off a log truck.

How's that? Now simmer down b'fore you wind up in there.
Cain't take you no where.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 02-16-2015, 06:04 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
Nothing says we have to reinvent the wheel here. Very simple. Keep the present memorial page as it is and if you want to post Aunt LiL's going away date then post it. Start a new "members memorial" and list our members who no longer ride with us. This is the one that can be reserved just for that reason. Good thing you have some old geezers around to help you young-uns figure some of this stuff out.
Well, me getting up in my late twinnies and fast approaching the BIG THREE OH, I've experience as much as some in their fiddies.

We agree,
I see.

If I hadn't done a bunch of ad libbing, sipping whiskey, (wife says gulping, I says sipping), and fat stubby fangers stumbling through the key board, I coulda pissted before you.

I meant "posted".

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 02-16-2015, 06:15 PM   #73
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
As if you weren,t in the sauce already. OFF THAT IVORY TOWER, and BE STILL BLOKE!

OMG! Eat you a Snickers Bar TC! You get like Betty White when you hungry!
For the love of God!
So, a couple guy's stray and mention scooter involved traffic accidents in the Memorial section. No harm done.
I'll petition the committee and appear before them to argue the case for a VBA only section, a stinking buncha don't got no VB but are enthusiastic about the ones who do got one section, and another section that mentions everything from the passing of dear old gramma, to the squirrel you ran over and laughed your ass off about, to the dawg that performed so much genitalic hygiene that he went blind and got his ass knocked off when he wander out front off a log truck.

How's that? Now simmer down b'fore you wind up in there.
Cain't take you no where.
TC is right in that any MC site's memorial section would be for members who passed only. If you want to say your auntie Em took a dirt nap, they put it in Off Topic. Right now it's just a string of who croaked on a bike but didn't belong to the group.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 02-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #74

Quote:
Well, me getting up in my late twinnies and fast approaching the BIG THREE OH, I've experience as much as some in their fiddies.

We agree,
I see.

If I hadn't done a bunch of ad libbing, sipping whiskey, (wife says gulping, I says sipping), and fat stubby fangers stumbling through the key board, I coulda pissted before you.

I meant "posted".

Hey Mickey boy,if you got to look like that at 30yrs old you must have had one hell of a paper round as a boy !

Old 02-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
hey mickey boy,if you got to look like that at 30yrs old you must have had one hell of a paper round as a boy !
Some folks didn't want to pay so I had to make my face like Mick Jagger when I looked in their window.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Last edited by Kawhead; 02-16-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Tags
silent sam