Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #61

KawaNOW EASTERN REGION RALLY

I've been looking in that area. So far, that's the best area for lodging purposes and I haven't been on any of the side roads in W Va that aren't great motorcycling roads. I think a plan is beginning to come together. :)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-16-2007, 05:51 AM   #62

Kawa..... My neighbor ( who rides a Wing ) is in that area on a regular basis ( he has a place there) I know he would be glad to look around ,or contact places. I will be going up there in a couple of weeks also. I guess what I am saying is , if i can be of any help let me know.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:53 AM   #63
Advanced Member

kawgirl I'm in for W VA have some wing rider friends who have just returned from their ride there and had nothing but good things to say roads- food- lodging were the best time wise anytime may Thu July should be great riding weather. thanks for taking the lead if there's anything I can help with just let me know.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:31 PM   #64

Quote:
Kawa..... My neighbor ( who rides a Wing ) is in that area on a regular basis ( he has a place there) I know he would be glad to look around ,or contact places. I will be going up there in a couple of weeks also. I guess what I am saying is , if i can be of any help let me know.
kawgirl and I have been emailing. We sure appreciate you're offer to help. Perhaps we could include you in our emails back and forth if you wouldn't mind. We're thinking looking at places to stay in the area....see what they have available and then go from there on an exact location and date. If you want send me and/or kawgirl an email and when kawagirl and I email will send you a copy too. Our email addys are on the membership list page.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 09-17-2007, 06:08 PM   #65
Top Contributor

My wife goes on a cruise May 23 to June 4. I see Petersburg is 5.5 hours for me. That's over Memorial Day weekend. Just thinking outloud here.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-17-2007, 06:08 PM   #66

Okay, give us some feedback on what days you all would like to rally. Thursday to Sunday or Friday to Sunday. Like Unwind2 said, we don't know when yet but working on number of days to look at for lodging purposes.

Let's hear ya Easterners!!

Old 09-17-2007, 07:50 PM   #67
Top Contributor

Probably Thurs-Sun...lots will leave early Sunday and that give 2 good days...those that cant make the whole thing can come Friday......

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 09-17-2007, 07:52 PM   #68

Sure thing unwind

Old 09-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #69

Thanks Todd. That was sort of my line of thinking as well but wanted to hear from others. Some places I cannot call until tomorrow during the day. It will be helpful to me if those of you who think you may go to give a shout whether you're sure or not so I can give a better estimate on number of rooms to block. I can always adjust the number down. Adding rooms may be more difficult to do. Just a ballpark idea is what I'm looking for. Thanks everybody!!

Old 09-17-2007, 08:02 PM   #70
Top Contributor

what's the dates?

Old 09-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #71

Not decided on that yet. We're toying with sometime in June but haven't pinned it down yet. Just trying to get an idea on numbers right now.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #72

With the way this site is growing.....the numbers of those who want to attend my continue to increase the closer we get to next spring/summer....hey that's a good thing though. The more the merrier.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 09-17-2007, 11:32 PM   #73
Advanced Member

Thursday -sunday todds right on that, would like to have 2- days of riding/meeting new friends and june is good for the wife and I. and if I can help just say the word.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:43 AM   #74

I agree Unwind2.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:34 AM   #75

Thursday to Sunday is good with me.