Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 04-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshelly View Post
TC quit posting , guess he doesn't care anymore either .
I still think the Victory corporation engineers dropped the ball on this.
The bags will fit the BW if it is made AFTER 11-13-2013 but if they bike was made before that , the owner must buy a $170 adapter to make them fit.
It was a Victory mistake and they should include the adapter with the purchase of the bags.
Soooooooooo, I guess my post should have read " Victory Corporation sucks" Not Victory parts.
There, now I am done posting.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-14-2014, 08:46 AM   #62

Wow, 5 pages of Victory Sucks posts. Spring cant get here fast enough hug fellas?

Hope you get everything worked out TC and Mama is happy in the end...

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 04-14-2014, 10:43 AM   #63
Advanced Member

They ALL suck! Every manufacturer I have dealt with in the Motorcycle industry has the inherit ability to suck dead donkey dk! It appears to be the signs of the times! Was wrenching on a buddies new Waterhog and the factory Harley parts didn't want to line up worth shite! They build something that works and then suddenly they can't remember what they did. You should try and deal with RV manufacturer's!!!! They have no clue on anything!! And as for Victory Chrome costing12 arms and 6 legs - yupp! You should see the new Indian stuff!!!! That's why I have a Harley trunk rack / Drag Specialties - Honda armrests / and aftermarket parts on mne! What I paid for all of them is what the trunk rakc would have cost!!!

Old 04-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #64

Tim is pretty cagey....So my guess is that Tim is actually buying accessories he can't return for a new High-Ball instead of the BW and pretty soon he'll shrug his shoulder and tell Cindy that he'll long-suffrringly just take it on the chin and "solve" the problem by going ahead and trading his Nomad.

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #65

Tim
EBay has a money back guarantee. If the seller said they would fit, file a claim with eBay. They will give you the funds and then get them from the seller. If it was $50, irs not worth it. But you dropped almost a grand on something that the seller said would fit. Just my view. Good luck

VBA #02442
VROC Member
PGR (Patriot Guard Riders)
MMCI (Masonic Motorcycle Club International)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Author Unknown

01 Kaw Nomad 1500 (Vintage Red)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
Probably more informed than you think. I'd be willing to bet I can call any aftermarket exhaust manufacturer and order a pre-'09 exhaust for a "touring" bike and they will have the same part number. How about a windscreen for an Electra Glide? All of them with the 3 hole mount is the same (up to the new WaterHog, of course). The 88s, 96s, 103s? Each one has the been the same with very few (and very minor) changes. I could go on.

Victory has changed models much less than you think. A lot of their "new" bikes Ilike the Gunner) are just parts bin bikes so, when you order a front fender for a Boardwalk, you could just as easily order a front fender for a XR, XC or XCT of any year. All of the bikes now have the same powertrain (106/6) so, if you need an engine part for a '13 Vision, you can just as easily order that same part from an '11 Cross Country. All the body panels on any year Vision ('08-'14) will interchange as will 95% of the rest of the parts.

Don't think I'm stupid just because I don't have a coludge edumacation or drink the Harley Koolaid. You'd be surprised at the worthless trivia/knowledge floating around in my gray matter.
A little "testy" there Chris? Look... I don't give a shit if anyone has any education. The wealthiest person I knew was worth 3.65 Billion dollars and never graduated high school. He lived in Beloit, Wisconsin (his wife still does and is one of the wealthiest women on the planet) and he and I were good friends. Look him up. He died just a few years ago from a tragic death; but you will find him. So... don't assume I judge by education. My favorite saying is by Mark Twain: "I never let schooling get in the way of my education."

Next... very easy for you to choose the Batwing... a design that has had little change to it since its inception -- and for good reason; as it was the, absolute, most popular fairing design up to to recently. That's is why there are so many aftermarket companies making knock-offs for other bikes. Geez...

Next item is exhaust... nice try there too buddy. Exhaust? You have to be kidding me. When has exhaust measurements changed much, if ever. Don't hold your breath for the dimension of exhausts to change much over the years. There hasn't been much reason for them to do so... Geez...

I suggest there are many changes to what many seem to believe are bikes that have have looked virtually the same for, almost, decades. Not true to the extreme many claim.

That's all I am going to say about it Chris. You can disagree, but until you can show me you haven't drank the Koolaid of those with little knowledge about what they speak... then we'll just simply disagree.

And... oh yeah... Who's drinking Koolaid when it comes to brands?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 04-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #67
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
All this talk about Koolaid is making me thirsty!

OK Greg I'm chime in. I have never liked the batwing fairing. I've yet to sit behind one and think, "wow what wind protection!" IMO my Nomad with lowers had better protection. Nothing compares to my Victory CCT. A handlebar mounted fairing that is by far more aerodynamic. It punches a nice hole even in headwinds. Batwing has a classic look for sure but that's not the function Victory owners look for.

Look at the design of the GW. Another example of a aerodynamics that steers the touring purist rider to that bike. Harley sells because of their classic design not because it would be the first bike riders would be fighting over for the keys if they had to cross the country quickly on any bike.

I have yet to read a comparison of open road touring mounts that have the riders fight for the keys to the Harley. Not bashing Harley because if I didn't need the additional room for luggage and my girlfriends clothes (like Scott) I too would be on a Harley RG Ultra in dark Blue right now.

When I retire and have the time to ride 30K miles a year, Harley, unless they really change their touring mounts will probably be on a GW...or Vision if they update the carrying capacity. My CCT is the only bike besides a GW that I can ride one handed at a real 90 MPH and feel no different that at 60 MPH.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 04-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post

OK Greg I'm chime in. I have never liked the batwing fairing. I've yet to sit behind one and think, "wow what wind protection!" IMO my Nomad with lowers had better protection. Nothing compares to my Victory CCT. A handlebar mounted fairing that is by far more aerodynamic. It punches a nice hole even in headwinds. Batwing has a classic look for sure but that's not the function Victory owners look for.

Look at the design of the GW. Another example of a aerodynamics that steers the touring purist rider to that bike. Harley sells because of their classic design not because it would be the first bike riders would be fighting over for the keys if they had to cross the country quickly on any bike.

I have yet to read a comparison of open road touring mounts that have the riders fight for the keys to the Harley. Not bashing Harley because if I didn't need the additional room for luggage and my girlfriends clothes (like Scott) I too would be on a Harley RG Ultra in dark Blue right now.

When I retire and have the time to ride 30K miles a year, Harley, unless they really change their touring mounts will probably be on a GW...or Vision if they update the carrying capacity. My CCT is the only bike besides a GW that I can ride one handed at a real 90 MPH and feel no different that at 60 MPH.
You are welcome to ride my 2014 Ultra Limited and enjoy the improvements you speak so vehemently about...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Last edited by glwilson; 04-14-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #69
Sr. Contributor

Quote:

That may be true, but your victory didn't come with an espresso maker or grey poupon.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 04-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #70
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
All this yelling and screaming made me
File a report.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hurtfulness report.jpg (58.8 KB, 26 views)
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 04-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #71

Ohhh Ponch. That form is classic!
I have a bunch of buddies that will be getting served!
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 04-14-2014, 09:53 PM   #72

Now that is funny.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 04-14-2014, 10:30 PM   #73
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson View Post
A little "testy" there Chris?

Next... very easy for you to choose the Batwing... a design that has had little change to it since its inception -- and for good reason; as it was the, absolute, most popular fairing design up to to recently. That's is why there are so many aftermarket companies making knock-offs for other bikes. Geez...

Next item is exhaust... nice try there too buddy. Exhaust? You have to be kidding me. When has exhaust measurements changed much, if ever. Don't hold your breath for the dimension of exhausts to change much over the years. There hasn't been much reason for them to do so... Geez...

And... oh yeah... Who's drinking Koolaid when it comes to brands?
I don't have little testys. I have great big, ginormous testys. The doctor thinks it's because I went commando for so many years. Who knows?

Thanks for making my point.

No Victory Koolaid on my menu. I test rode both the Harley Electra Glide and the Road Glide (as well as the Gold Wing) before I bought my Vision. While I personally think the Vision is better suited to me, I have nothing against either of the Harleys. If Victory didn't exist (or didn't make the Vision or XCT), I'd probably be on a Harley right now. Harley does some things better than Victory and Victory does some things better than Harley. When I'm ready for my next bike, I couldn't tell you which one I'll choose. It all depends who's making the best at the time.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 04-14-2014, 10:34 PM   #74
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
I guess my post should have read "Victory Corporation sucks"
I couldn't agree more. It's a damn good thing MaVic makes some great bikes cuz the company reeks.
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 04-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
I don't have little testys. I have great big, ginormous testys. The doctor thinks it's because I went commando for so many years. Who knows?

Thanks for making my point.

No Victory Koolaid on my menu. I test rode both the Harley Electra Glide and the Road Glide (as well as the Gold Wing) before I bought my Vision. While I personally think the Vision is better suited to me, I have nothing against either of the Harleys. If Victory didn't exist (or didn't make the Vision or XCT), I'd probably be on a Harley right now. Harley does some things better than Victory and Victory does some things better than Harley. When I'm ready for my next bike, I couldn't tell you which one I'll choose. It all depends who's making the best at the time.
I am just trying to pull your chain Chris... that's all.

VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417