Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-10-2008, 02:33 PM   #46

Another Throttle Lock Option

Hey, just loosten that little screw under your throttle and go ride around for a little while. You'll see what I'm getting at. ;)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #47

The reason I posted this in he beginning was to get opinions. I appreciate Caddmannq being so forthright in his assessment of the Throttle Mate. Even though my friend that has one speaks so highly of it, I don't want to do anything that would mess up my bike. I'd rather waste $17.00 than to mess up my bike.

Thanks!
John

Old 04-10-2008, 04:35 PM   #48
Sr. Contributor

I'ld like it better if it was a screw with in a screw, and the point was more like a spring loaded rider of some sort.

In other words the outer screw held the switch cover together, and a inner screw swiveled to stop the throttle, with out friggin eatting it....

It is a pretty good idea, that stopped short in the execution, but for 20 bucks, it is what it is..

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 04-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #49
Sr. Contributor

Cadd why doncha' put a few pics in of the way you set up that vista cruise.

I did a close something to that and have not got that big nasty ugly black clamp either.

Maybe when some more snow goes i can get a few pics of what I did.

Pretty much all I did was use a 2 holes section of plumbers tape, and painted it after making it work. That leaves the lever as if nothing holds it at all by eye.

I did have to grind a 8-32 screw nut pretty thin, but who cares.. can't see it.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 04-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #50

Mac, I posted them here:

clickme

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #51
Sr. Contributor

I see.. Mine is a smidgen down under the grip more being plumbers tape was handy that day.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 04-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #52
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
Hey, just loosten that little screw under your throttle and go ride around for a little while. You'll see what I'm getting at. ;)
I didn't say I disagreed with you. I suppose someone has to be the "voice of reason", might as well be you.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
I didn't say I disagreed with you. I suppose someone has to be the "voice of reason", might as well be you.
Just think of me as the Jiminy Cricket of throttle locks.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:13 AM   #54

JRD did you ever get yours? What did you do with it? Just realized, mine never came, but was charged for it.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:17 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misunderstood
JRD did you ever get yours? What did you do with it? Just realized, mine never came, but was charged for it.
Misunderstood,

Yes, I got mine. It is still sitting on the bench in the garage. I opted for the vista cruise instead. If you want mine I'll give it to ya.

John

Old 04-28-2008, 09:41 AM   #56
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd
Quote:
Misunderstood,

Yes, I got mine. It is still sitting on the bench in the garage. I opted for the vista cruise instead. If you want mine I'll give it to ya

John
I won't say it, no I will not.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd
Quote:
Misunderstood,

Yes, I got mine. It is still sitting on the bench in the garage. I opted for the vista cruise instead. If you want mine I'll give it to ya.

John
Thanks for the offer, but I bought and paid for one I never got. Need to give them a call. Even if I don't use it, I want it since I paid for it.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:24 AM   #58

OK I'm ressurecting this thread because I got my carb problem straightened out yesterday and installed my stebel ( Man I missed that horn from my C50 ) and I also installed the throttle mate. The scematic they give you shows what they said on the phine. This DOES NOT rub against any cables. You do need to tap the hole a little bigger, but it's a 3 minute install and a clean look compared to the vista cruise and at HALF the price. The screw goes in and makes contact internally with the housing that turns. I see no problem with the design and now see why their testimonials are all positive. Used it on the way home from my parents and will see how it holds up for the long haul, but from what others have experienced I don't see a problem. Just thought I'd give an update since there was so much negative said before we saw it in person.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:23 AM   #59

Quote:
OK I'm resurrecting this thread because I got my carb problem straightened out yesterday and installed my stebel ( Man I missed that horn from my C50 ) and I also installed the throttle mate. The schematic they give you shows what they said on the phone. This DOES NOT rub against any cables. You do need to tap the hole a little bigger, but it's a 3 minute install and a clean look compared to the vista cruise and at HALF the price. The screw goes in and makes contact internally with the housing that turns. I see no problem with the design and now see why their testimonials are all positive. Used it on the way home from my parents and will see how it holds up for the long haul, but from what others have experienced I don't see a problem. Just thought I'd give an update since there was so much negative said before we saw it in person.
Misunderstood,

I am so GLAD that worked out for you. (Since I recommended it) I still have mine sitting on the bench in the garage. I have been using the vista cruise with good success. Thanks again for posting the positive comments.

John

Old 05-12-2008, 10:00 AM   #60
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
OK I'm ressurecting this thread because I got my carb problem straightened out yesterday and installed my stebel ( Man I missed that horn from my C50 ) and I also installed the throttle mate. The scematic they give you shows what they said on the phine. This DOES NOT rub against any cables. You do need to tap the hole a little bigger, but it's a 3 minute install and a clean look compared to the vista cruise and at HALF the price. The screw goes in and makes contact internally with the housing that turns. I see no problem with the design and now see why their testimonials are all positive. Used it on the way home from my parents and will see how it holds up for the long haul, but from what others have experienced I don't see a problem. Just thought I'd give an update since there was so much negative said before we saw it in person.
Keep us updated on this. If after some time, you are still so impressed with it, I may consider one to get that ugly Vista Cruise off my handlebars.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17