Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 01-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #31

what features on your nomad do you like best and w

I have to say one thing I really like on my Nomad is the heel-toe shifter along with the floorboard location. The next thing I really like are the highway pegs I put on the crashbars.

I really do not care that much for the hard bags but I have gotten used to them. I think if I could get away with it I would buy a used set from a GL1200 and put them on or I would go to the biggest set of leather bags that would work.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #32

Quote:

I really do not care that much for the hard bags but I have gotten used to them. I think if I could get away with it I would buy a used set from a GL1200 and put them on or I would go to the biggest set of leather bags that would work.
I hope that you never get an audience with the Pope.

As sacriligous as that comment is I'd be afraid to know what you might say to the Pope

Old 01-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #33

Send a message via AIM to donguer Send a message via Yahoo to donguer

The Nomad is SEXY!

Old 01-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #34

Quote:
It's blasphemy I tell you Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 01-04-2008, 08:27 PM   #35

I love the look of the bike with the bags, the heel/toe shifter and just the overall ride of it. I too dislike the location of the oil site glass...what a pain.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #36

I like the look and the comfort. It's got enough power for my purposes. It's just a fine, fine machine.

BnG

Dave Mills AKA BiscuitsNGravy
2006 Vulcan Nomad "BiscuitsNGravy"
Kawanow #150
Vietnam @ Jan67-Jan68
Retired USAF
Patriot Guard Riders/American Legion #431

Old 01-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #37

Quote:
[quote:cr7rtupk]........

As sacriligous as that comment is I'd be afraid to know what you might say to the Pope [/quote:cr7rtupk]

Sorry, but the question was asked and I am not one to be shy with an answer ;) Having owned a GL1200 and knowing how water tight and big the hard bags were, this is what I was referring to. I also own a GL1800 and think the hard bags on it suck as well.... The 1200 could be stuffed and stuffed and than stuffed even more and when they were closed they stayed dry on the inside. The hard bags on the 1800's have problems with the latches breaking and then you cannot open them. I have even experienced water in them just like I did on the Nomad.

I really do like my Nomad, but the hard bags are one thing I haved considered changing on it. At the present time I have upgraded the seat (Mustang) and added risers along with some chrome.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #38

Quote:
[quote:jrm23hvm]

As sacriligous as that comment is I'd be afraid to know what you might say to the Pope

Sorry, but the question was asked and I am not one to be shy with an answer ;) Having owned a GL1200 and knowing how water tight and big the hard bags were, this is what I was referring to. I also own a GL1800 and think the hard bags on it suck as well.... The 1200 could be stuffed and stuffed and than stuffed even more and when they were closed they stayed dry on the inside. The hard bags on the 1800's have problems with the latches breaking and then you cannot open them. I have even experienced water in them just like I did on the Nomad.

I really do like my Nomad, but the hard bags are one thing I haved considered changing on it. At the present time I have upgraded the seat (Mustang) and added risers along with some chrome.[/quote:jrm23hvm]

I'm thinking that perhaps I should find you a pair of goldwing bags and you give me your nomad bags.

I've wanted a spare set so that if I ever get a different bike, I can still have the best looking hard bags made put on what ever bike that might be.

For example the Triumph Rocket III touring. Nomad bags would sure make it look better.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #39

Thumbs up:
Hardbags, bars, ride (I even like my seat), overall looks.

Thumbs Down:
Exhaust system (goats belly), available accessories

Old 01-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #40
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to donoller

gee ross i had a 1200 and hated the bags got 1500 and 1800 and the nomad bags look better and hold as much as either and unlike the gl1200 i dont have startor problems but maybe that just me i hated the gl1200 for lots of reasons