Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 07-23-2015, 08:48 PM   #31

Just installed the Stebel Nautalis air horn. Wow!! Well worth the $54 I spent on horn and wiring kit. Used the original horn mounting bracket (inverted) and tucked/zip tied the wires under the tank. Extremely loud horn! Taking it for a spin tomorrow.... Very simple install with the wiring kit. I would recommend getting the wiring kit. It provides a 40amp relay, with a 30amp fuse. The relay with the horn is only a 30amp relay. I'm more comfortable with the 40....

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-23-2015, 08:50 PM   #32

Just bought and installed mine... Wow!!

Old 07-31-2015, 01:02 PM   #33
Top Contributor

Stebel mounted in stock location. if it aint 139 its damn close. Love it.

Old 07-31-2015, 02:27 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd01 View Post
Lots of the guys and gals on here, including me, have Stebel horns (139db!). Check them out on the internet.

Same here.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:13 PM   #35

Luke000,

I've had my fill of close calls! In fact, I was nearly killed in'97 because some kid turned left in front of me.

I ordered the Stebel air horn mentioned in the forum hear. It is freaking LOUD!! I was riding home on my Nomad last night, WB on I-70 from working an off-duty job. This idiot in a cage was trying to merge and change lanes, while talking on his phone, as he was looking at and talking to the people trapped in the cage with him. Needless to say, from a distance of about 18 feet, my horn woke him up!! It was almost funny... Yet it still pissed me off. I came to work last Saturday morning to hear of a brother officer I went through the academy with was hit on I-70 WB by a black Camaro... Broken upper arm, a concussion and a wrecked motorcycle .... He was wearing all the protective gear he could wear, and still landed in the hospital. Best $45 I spent! Get the wiring loom on Amazon when you order the horn. Took longer to unpackage everything than it did to actually hook it up!

Login or Register to Remove Ads