Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 12-31-2014, 12:31 PM   #31
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Thanks to everyone here, for the condolences you've sent. They're very much appreciated !

I arrived home yesterday from Victoria after seeing my Mom and sister. Thankfully my older sister has been there to keep watch over him and my Mom [in "the home"] and see that he was getting the best care. He seemed not too bad when I saw him just before Christmas when "judygirl" and I went to see him. Having said that I think he knew IT was getting close , because when I said good bye he held my hand and said he "probably wasn't going to see me again."
He was "good".... kind'a, Christmas day but slid down hill the next day. The Dr. put him on a morphine drip the next day to help ease pain and discomfort. My sister was with him the next morning when he passed peacefully. .......I was relieved when I got the call from my sister saying that he had "moved on". I knew he was out of any discomfort and ultimately that's what we all wanted for him. ..... like "whozyer" said "...his spirit is free to soar"
and that is what I believe.
My Mom who is suffering from dementia, took the news fairly well and understands fully ...given the level she is at with her illness. I'm sure everyday will be hard for her for a while but she has made some friends in the home and everyone is very supportive. Plus my sister sees her a few times a week. I'll do my best to get down to the coast to see her and will be speaking with her on the phone.

Thanks again for everyone's kind thoughts and wishes.

I'd like to wish everyone all the best for the new year along with peace health and happiness.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-31-2014, 12:33 PM   #32
Top Contributor

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Rick. My condolences to you and your family.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:25 PM   #33
Top Contributor

I'm sorry for your loss Rick.