Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 12-23-2014, 12:18 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Vega View Post
I was running the 93. Had to burn what was in the tank by the time I got home the fuel light was on, I filled it with 87, so now I need to see what happens when I get the bike out again. Probably not this weekend though, the wife was already giving me the stink eye when I mentioned it.
Ken, do you mind posting your settings that you ended up with? It will give me a place to start when I do mine. Good that you got it dialed in and saw that you got the new muffler in too.

Thanks,

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #32
Advanced Member

Pete, my settings are 3 Green , 4 yellow, 1.5 red , green/blue .5 (point 5), yellow/blue 2, red/blue 3.5

when I start the bike again later I will double check. I am riding this Saturday with the wife, so I will update how it went with 87 octane. The new muffler is installed and looks perfect. Had to run the bike to burn off the internal coating they use. Smoked out the garage again, but this time I used a fan to push it out.

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:02 PM   #33

Thanks Ken.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:47 AM   #34

Quote:
Pete, my settings are 3 Green , 4 yellow, 1.5 red , green/blue .5 (point 5), yellow/blue 2, red/blue 3.5

when I start the bike again later I will double check. I am riding this Saturday with the wife, so I will update how it went with 87 octane. The new muffler is installed and looks perfect. Had to run the bike to burn off the internal coating they use. Smoked out the garage again, but this time I used a fan to push it out.
I ran that setting on sat and had a nice ride. Cant go wrong with the EJK
DRIVING AUX LIGHTS
KURYAKYN GRIPS RAY'S THROTTLE MODE
CORBIN YOUNG GUNS SEAT
CHROME TANK COVER
14" WINDSHEILD
INFINITY SPEAKERS
KURYAKYN CUP HOLDER

IPOD CONNECTOR
TORDADO AIR KIT
RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Old 12-29-2014, 07:59 AM   #35
Advanced Member

Still. Have for the most part a single pop when deceling in 3rd gear and it hits 2100 rpm with throttle closed. I am convinced the Vaq shuts the injectors off completely at 0 throttle position causing a momentary lean condition, damn EPA. I am going to raise green zone another point just off idle. If it continues to pop then F it. I can definitley live with a single pop. My mileage was excellent about 39 mpg with mixed driving and the bike ran fine on 87 octane and pulled strong even two up. My wife was happy until we got stuck in traffic, everyone had the same idea to go to Key Largo, said her feet felt like they were burning. Personally I think she wore the wrong boots, she was aiming to look cute instead of functional biker boots which she has at least 2 pair.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Chuckster's BAK
Kawasaki 12 volt charger

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-31-2014, 09:56 PM   #36
Advanced Member

Fuel cut-off issues.

Quote:
Still. Have for the most part a single pop when deceling in 3rd gear and it hits 2100 rpm with throttle closed. I am convinced the Vaq shuts the injectors off completely at 0 throttle position causing a momentary lean condition, damn EPA. I am going to raise green zone another point just off idle. If it continues to pop then F it. I can definitley live with a single pop. My mileage was excellent about 39 mpg with mixed driving and the bike ran fine on 87 octane and pulled strong even two up. My wife was happy until we got stuck in traffic, everyone had the same idea to go to Key Largo, said her feet felt like they were burning. Personally I think she wore the wrong boots, she was aiming to look cute instead of functional biker boots which she has at least 2 pair.
Go this web site: http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/st1300.htm. Its geared more around the sport bikes. I called and was told he had not had a Vaquero in to figure out the wiring issues for our skoots. Ivan said it would work on our skoots but the wire harness was the hold up. But it will give you an overview of what is happening and why. And you are correct, its an EPA thing.

I met a fellow Vaquero owner on another form, who has spent a ton of time and money trying to dyno this problem away. I called and found out Paul was about 2 hours away from Ivan's shop. Ivan said he would not charge for making the harness to fit the Vaquero, but he needs a bike in his shop for a few days to make up the harness. Paul had already winterized his ride, but said he would give Ivan a call. I am waiting to find out if they were able to get the harness made.

A coworker put one on his ST1300 and said this eliminated the problems associated with the fuel cut off. Steve spent $130.00 for his unite and it was plug and play on the ST1300.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:06 PM   #37
Advanced Member

It be will interesting to see his results if he can get some time with a Vaquero or Voyager

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Chuckster's BAK
Kawasaki 12 volt charger

Last edited by Ken Vega; 01-01-2015 at 05:08 PM.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:53 AM   #38
Advanced Member

I'm hoping he can get a harness made cause I intend to put one on my skoot. If they don't hook up and make it happen, well it won't be the first time I have had to make a harness to something work.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:41 PM   #39
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Ranch View Post
I'm hoping he can get a harness made cause I intend to put one on my skoot. If they don't hook up and make it happen, well it won't be the first time I have had to make a harness to something work.
Honestly I am about at the point where I just want to get my EJK dialed in and just enjoy riding the bike. Crank up the tunes and F*** it if it lets out a pop every now and again. I just bought a longer kickstand from a 2007 Meanstreak SE. I painted it and am just waiting for it to dry so I can install. That extra 2 inches will make a difference when hoisting up the 835 lbs. Beast

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Chuckster's BAK
Kawasaki 12 volt charger

Last edited by Ken Vega; 01-02-2015 at 01:43 PM.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:57 PM   #40

Popping

I have posted this before, 2012 Voyager with air kit, tri ovals and PCV with ignition. Went through all the same problems everyone else has tried. I was considering going back to stock exhaust. After advancing the timing up through 2700 rpms. Problem solved on popping decel and increased throttle response. I don`t have the map, my dealer did this. Hope this helps. I have rode about 18,000 miles like this.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:35 PM   #41
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KURT44 View Post
I have posted this before, 2012 Voyager with air kit, tri ovals and PCV with ignition. Went through all the same problems everyone else has tried. I was considering going back to stock exhaust. After advancing the timing up through 2700 rpms. Problem solved on popping decel and increased throttle response. I don`t have the map, my dealer did this. Hope this helps. I have rode about 18,000 miles like this.
Kurt. I went with the EJK processor so I can only adjust fuel, not ignition. I am at the point that I dont care any more. It happens mostly when the bike is hot and generally in 3rd gear if I decel down to 2100 rpm. Anything higher or lower than 2100 it does not pop. I am certain there is no intake or exhaust leak. Screw it. I just love riding my bike.

Also if you wanted to get the map, just hook up your laptop, connect the USB to the PCV. Go into the dynojet software and click get map, then save it to your computer.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Chuckster's BAK
Kawasaki 12 volt charger

Last edited by Ken Vega; 02-04-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:58 PM   #42

map

Sorry, don't have a lap top computer.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:29 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by KURT44 View Post
Sorry, don't have a lap top computer.
Just sent you a reply before I saw your post. LOL

Thanks man.