Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 01-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #31

Gabrielle Giffords... the motorcyclist

If ony one of those morons has any common sense he will talk their pastor into staying away from this funeral procession. I don't think it would be in their best interest to be anywhere around Tuscon.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #32
Mega-Contributor

I just spotted this on the local newspaper website:

Arizona shootings: Bill would provide 'funeral protection zone'

Democrats in the Arizona Legislature say they will introduce a bill Tuesday to create a "funeral protection zone" to keep protestors from disrupting the funerals of the victims of the Tucson mass shooting.

The Rev. Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas responded to the shooting by saying, "Thank God for the violent shooter." He vowed to have his band of followers picket at the funerals.

State Sen. Paula Aboud, D-Tucson, said Democrats are asking to waive the rules so the bill can be debated and passed in one day, in time for funerals that will begin this week.

The bill is patterned after an Ohio law that establishes a 300-foot protection zone around a funeral location for one hour before and one hour after the event.

"They want to protest at the gravesite of a 9-year-old girl, and we want to stop him," Aboud said.

In addition, the Republican and Democratic parties in Pima County are urging people to help form a human barricade along the funeral routes to protect the victims' families from Phelps and his small band of vocal protestors.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 01-11-2011, 08:41 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack

Democrats in the Arizona Legislature say they will introduce a bill Tuesday to create a "funeral protection zone" to keep protestors from disrupting the funerals of the victims of the Tucson mass shooting.

The Rev. Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas responded to the shooting by saying, "Thank God for the violent shooter." He vowed to have his band of followers picket at the funerals.

State Sen. Paula Aboud, D-Tucson, said Democrats are asking to waive the rules so the bill can be debated and passed in one day, in time for funerals that will begin this week.

The bill is patterned after an Ohio law that establishes a 300-foot protection zone around a funeral location for one hour before and one hour after the event.

"They want to protest at the gravesite of a 9-year-old girl, and we want to stop him," Aboud said.

In addition, the Republican and Democratic parties in Pima County are urging people to help form a human barricade along the funeral routes to protect the victims' families from Phelps and his small band of vocal protestors.
I'm sure they won't have a problem getting a "few" volunteers. I hope they can get this bill passed through so the rest of the country can grow a set and follow suit.

110 cu in SE

Rinehart 4" slip ons
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

VBA #482

Old 01-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #34
Mega-Contributor

Tucson is a big city, with over one million people in its metro area, but it still has a "small town" feel to it. These people are really pulling together over this incident and I am sure that even without this bill there will be more than enough people to keep the protestors at bay.

We joke about Tucson being Phoenix's ugly cousin, but it really is a nice place, just not as big and fast paced as Phoenix.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 01-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack

I've wondered why this has not been proposed before. The City of Chicago passed a similar Law after the 1968 Riot at the Democrat convention. The protesters always have a place to protest in Chicago. It's a fenced off area about a 1000' from the event. Me thinks that would work for a funeral also.

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #36

The thought that those ASSHOLES could even think about protesting that little girls funeral just boils my blood. Instead of all the locals coming together to create a barrier between the protesters and the funeral, how about creating a barrier between the police and the protesters. Then go in and beat the living hell out of them. And I'm talking putting them in the hospital.

I'm so tired of people be sheep and letting the "law" handle everything. WE THE PEOPLE need to start taking this country and common sense back!

Old 01-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #37
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

And this Westboro clown hasn't met the same fate as the Congresswoman is beyond me..

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 01-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #38

Check this out. Westboro members had better stay away.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/....tims-funer als/

110 cu in SE

Rinehart 4" slip ons
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

VBA #482

Old 01-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #39
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider

The Phoenix Motorcycle Riders Group is a group I am a member of. They are also the group that had members killed and injured last March when the meth-head truck driver plowed into a group stopped at a light.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Old 01-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #40

:(" title="" border="0"/> This is just sick and completely f##%ing wrong! It makes me very sad and angry that good people have no rights anymore. These few morons are allowed to ruin a very private moment for these families. I truly wish(and I know it is wrong) someone or some group would put a hurt or worse on these creeps. :'(

Old 01-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #41
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider

I hope HA and other bikers show up!! ;)

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

Member # 0005

Old 01-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #42

(fROM THE ARTICLE CAJUN POSTED):

Littell has notified the Pima County Sheriff's Department and has reached out to several other biker groups notifying them of their planned presence at Green's funeral.

He crossed his fingers that the Hells Angels would join them.

"Nothing says stand back and be silent like a Hells Angels presence," he said.

Littell added that if the church moves on to picket other funerals, his riders will follow. "We're getting word there's gonna be a pretty large presence of bikers," he said. "Word's spreading. And spreading quickly."
(END OF QUOTES)

I seriously doubt the HA's show. They don't want or need any more trouble than they already generate on their own. But... we'll see.

The problem with the Westboro nut-jobs are that they intice confrontation and then sue those that confront them. They have won a lot of money in court-awards.

So... anyone getting in their face will be facing a lawsuit... which is how they make their money.

Just saying...

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 01-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #43
Sr. Contributor

Every single lawsuit they've supposedly won has not been paid and are up on appeal. Remember we had this discussion on another thread and the "pursuit of happiness" cannot be infringed on. We'll see what the Supreme Court says about it..

Member # 0005

Old 01-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #44

They are talking about having a law that keeps them 300 feet away. That's only a football field. Its still within shouting distance. 300 yards would be a good start. You know about the distance my deer rifle is sighted in at.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #45

well if they had a line of loud muffler motorcycle at the 300 yard line aimed at the protesters and at the time the funeral procession came by a salute of wide open throttle to the deceased was gave it might work

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16