Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #31

Why Vance & Hines???

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddman11
When I said search this for your question, I meant on this forum. Yes, I have Roadhouse. I got them at a deal I couldn't refuse, new, cheaper than any other pipe. So I guess came down to dollars for me. But then again, I wanted Roadhouse; that's what I was looking for. I wanted their sound and look; I really like the nostalgic look of those serrated heat shield. These pipes get everyone's attention at bike nites.

I just happened to be in the right place at the right time when I bought them. They are the most expensive of the group by a couple hundred dollars, but I think that its worth it. They sound great right out of the box, no need to change baffles or anything. Roadhouse does offer more options that any other exhaust, 4 different ends, 2 different heat shields and 3 different canister baffles. There are comments about special baffles that make some pipes sound better, but with the cost of the pipes and then the special baffles, you could have gotten the RH.

There is also some discussions on this forum with regards to low end torque and true duals. Harley (yeah, dirty word) uses xover pipes to keep up the back pressure, RD pipes are the only one is the group who also uses a xover pipe. Ma Kawa uses the same principle with the goat bladder, that may be another reason to consider RD.

There is lots of info with regards to cracked head pipes on this forum about the V&H, but not one comment about any problems with RD. RD customer service has been great to me; I wanted a change in heat shields when I purchased my pipes, and not only did they do it for free, but then also included a UPS return slip with the change. Knowing what I do now, I would still purchase the RD pipes even if they are $700.
+1 to what you said. I have the smooth look instead of the serrated though. I believe they're thicker material and better chrome than V&H. If the local dealer didn't suggest checking out roadhouse I would have put V&H on. Roadhouse also has a chrome piece on the crossover to the left side where V&H do not.

Additional note is when I got into my accident out west the right pipe was only an inch or two from the rear wheel and didn't crack when driving from MT to RI.

Login or Register to Remove Ads