Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #31

Wearing colors

I've got a three piece patch. The one on the back of my vest is a big silver eagle. The patch on my left chest says "BiscuitsNGravy", and the one on the right chest says, "Fat People Are Hard To Kidnap." Nobody bothers me. BnG

Dave Mills AKA BiscuitsNGravy
2006 Vulcan Nomad "BiscuitsNGravy"
Kawanow #150
Vietnam @ Jan67-Jan68
Retired USAF
Patriot Guard Riders/American Legion #431

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-08-2008, 04:12 AM   #32

Wearing colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscuitsNGravy aka Dave Mills
Fat People Are Hard To Kidnap
Not only that but we'll last longer when the next ice age comes.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:17 AM   #33
Advanced Member

Wearing colors

I wear this when attending the local MC club functions and rides. I don't usually wear it otherwise. It doesn't have a bottom rocker so the local outlaws said it was ok.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:33 AM   #34

Wearing colors

I belong to a Jewish motorcycle group called "The Tribe." After about 3 years we found out there was also a 1% club called The Tribe. So far we haven't had any interaction with them. Some members who live too far away to attend most of our functions are starting up a chapter, but apparently there are more 1%ers in that area, so they decided to use a different name.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:33 AM   #35
VBA Founder

Wearing colors

I think Pablo said it all in his post above....."It doesn't have a bottom rocker so the local outlaws said it was ok".

The issue here is not the wearing of colors, but the bottom rocker. Motorcycle gangs have been in existence since the end of WWII. It has always been an unwritten rule that you don't wear a bottom rocker patch on your jacket or vest unless it has been approved by the local, dominant MC club. This is something they feel is a "respect" issue.

If you look at rockers on vest for the Hell's Angels, you will see that the bottom rocker describes the location of the club member. That is what is at issue. Motorcycle clubs don't want anyone running around with a bottom rocker showing the location where they are from. To play it safe, most people don't put on a bottom or top rocker.

If you do, you are subject to being stopped by a motorcycle gang member in your area and relieved of your jacket or vest. Or worse, have your ass beaten.

It has happened in the past.....it certainly can happen in the future.....so the moral is, if you value your vest or jacket and/or life..... don't put a bottom rocker on it. And if you do put on a top rocker, have it approved by your local dominant MC gang, just to be sure.

You may feel this is not right and it's a direct conflict to your rights as a motorcycle rider, but keep in mind that this is the way it is.

Trip
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-08-2008, 06:40 AM   #36

Wearing colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood

1% only accept Harleys...... I am beneath their scorn lol
That's a fact -pretty well sums it up. 1% knows when you are infringing and knows when you are a poser, in all likelyhood, noone reading this board would ever be a 1% because of the bikes we ride.

I love my group. They took my wife and I in as they would long lost friends. We have places to ride any time, I get to work on more bikes, eat a lot, occasionally increase my riding skills, encourage women riders, and we don't do the 'stopping at bars' thing. I wear colors, but there is no way they would be misidentified as stepping on someones turf.
To summarize, our son asked if we were in a 'motorcycle organization' - my wife replied that there was no way-we were the most unorganized orginazation there ever was.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #37
Top Contributor

Wearing colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood
One more thing - 1% only accept Harleys...... I am beneath their scorn lol
At one point I considered joining the Gypsy's M/C club here in Dallas. One of the members of my church is a red rider, which means he's one of the upper echelon of the group. My wife and I hung out for a short time and enjoyed it, but right now I don't have time for that stuff. None of them had a problem with my bike nor did any of the other clubs that came to party with them, including the Scorpions. So I guess it depends on the club as to whether they have a problem with the bike.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 04-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #38

Wearing colors

I've got a patch on my jacket where I snagged it on a nail but I tried to cover it up as best I could.
Shep

Old 04-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #39

Wearing colors

BNG...where do I get a Fat Guy Patch.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #40

Wearing colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzinger
BNG...where do I get a Fat Guy Patch.
+1

Old 04-08-2008, 11:31 AM   #41

Wearing colors

the shirt

http://store.northshoreshirts.com/fatpearehato.html

the patch

http://www.legendaryusa.com/Fat_Peop...tch_p/m709.htm

Old 04-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #42

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Wearing colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
First, the colors are freakin' clean. Shining bright like they were washed in Blue Cheer. Second, look at the bermuda shorts, haircut, white socks, and gleaming white sneakers.[/i]
Interesting that you would note that those patches are clean. Mine are VERY dingy 'cause I wear them all the time. It is a bit of a joke in the local club when get together and ride to meet up with another chapter or go to a Blue Knights meeting in Boise. Hundreds of pretty clean three piece patches and mine look like crap. I'm kind of proud of that.

Actually one reason why I wear them is to keep me honest. Don't want anyone to call in a complaint of a smart a$$ on a motorcycle so I mind my P's and Q's.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 04-09-2008, 12:55 AM   #43

Wearing colors

Well, like I said, times have changed. I remember a time when an HA would never wash his colors, because the dirtier they were the longer you knew he'd been a member and the tougher he was. In fact, when they took on a new member the first thing they did was get him all dirty so he wouldn't look like a newbie to the citizens.

I can't imagine the Blue Knights were ever like that.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #44
Top Contributor

Wearing colors

I guess I'm in the same boat with top cat.
my opinion is some people need pink flood and mellow out.

I guess i should get a patch that says "fragile worm out joints handle with care"
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #45
Advanced Member

Wearing colors

When we were starting up out local club we checked into affiliation with the local outlaw club (The Amigos, a branch of the Bandidos). They don't allow any bikes that are not built in the US (only Harley, Indian, Victory and Honda), don't allow female members and reqire you to pay monthly fees to them. Also your colors have to use the same colors as in their patch. We didn't like the sound of any of this, so didn't choose to be affiliated.