Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 06-08-2010, 08:35 AM   #31
Sr. Contributor

1600 nomad paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse
If the paint just came off for no reason, it would be frustrating to anyone. A friend of mine who is a Harley guy is having problems. His wife bought him a new HD, it came with lots of extras, solo seat, lots of chrome, pipes, fuel system, etc. He was able to ride it for about a year maybe 18 months. Then he lost the rear cyl (no compression). HD said they wouldn't fix it, aftermarket exhaust and other reasons. Dealer said he was not going to pay for another engine, apparently not his first! When everything settled my friend is paying to rebuild the engine. It seems the dealer installed the exhaust and fuel system and didn't install the map to make it all run together.
I think a new fender may be cheap. I'll take my Nomad and be happy!

Geese! That's tuff. add in preformance items, and then let it cook!

Both the owner and the dealer are at fault.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #32

1600 nomad paint

hey last chance, what do you do when you really get mad? you ain't got a clue what a real bike problem is. i bought a new yamaha warrior. 2 weeks later i get a transmission recall notice that says do not ride it, it may cause severe injury or a fatality. i call the dealer and they say the motor has to come out and some parts have to be replaced. i say this is a brand new bike. so making a good thing out of a bad situation i worked with the dealer and did the recall myself. alot of work. added a bunch of go fast goodies. i did'nt fly off the handle. could it be your approach. i love my kawasaki it is one of 75 bikes i have had. had good ones and really bad ones. i still loved them all. never let a bike problem ruin my day. calm down and fix the damn bike and enjoy it. like your tv, refrigerator, or car never gave you a problem. like the folks on here say, and we can't all be wrong. we love our nomads. snarley bill

Old 06-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #33

1600 nomad paint

Amen to that.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #34
Advanced Member

1600 nomad paint

Well, all I haff to say is that I bought my 05 Nomad brand new from the Ottawa Goodtime dealer (Canada) I enjoy doing business, proof is I bought 3 bikes from them...never got any flack, the treaded me honest...they are a big dealership, sell BMW & have a urge parts & accessory, all under 1 roof. Service is gr8, fast; I would recommend them to anybody living around the Ottawa, Hull & Gatineau area.
Too bad you lucked out on a so so dealership....good luck!
Cheers
Guy
AKA Vulcanguy

Old 06-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #35

1600 nomad paint

I don't get down to this forum very often, but did so today and found this thread. This was an interesting read ;)

Seems that somebody has a major problem in the area of people skills and hasn't figured out how to self-soothe yet. I'm thinking that the original poster has trouble getting what he wants in more places than just a Kawi dealer. Some people are experts at making sure that they don't get what they want.

MacMac had some excellent advice(that I doubt got used). Be firm but nice.

The dealer counter guy and the mechanic are very instrumental in helping you get what you want. You should treat them with respect and try to get them to work with you, not against you. I'm absolutely sure that this guy put them into a "Piss on you, I'm not doing nothing for this jerk beyond what I have to do" type of frame of mind. They probably did the minimum that they needed to do. Just make the call or fill out the form and send off, but not go out of their way to push it along. You want them to be trying to help you, not get rid of you.

I've had the dealer guys push things along for me with great results. At first they do the usual, make the call and tell you the answer was no, and they are probably telling the truth.

At that point I don't act like a 3-year-old, I act like a nice, but firm customer. I get them working with me and trying harder to help beyond just jumping through the usual hoops. They are pushing the reps, hoping to get me what I need rather than just taking the first no answer and calling it quits. They are going out of their way at that point, and they have to want to do it. They might go out of their way with legal threats, but if done right you can usually get them to go out of their way just because they like you and want to help you.

This has been done on a couple of my Nomads. On the present one, I was only getting 4,000 miles from my first and second clutch. But everything checked out as working properly. The first time it happened, they looked the bike over but in the end I paid for the new clutch work. The second time, knowing that I got 30,000 miles out of my other Nomad clutches and didn't change my habits, they pushed harder for me. It took a lot of gentle pushing because they'd get a no, and I'd ask them to push again with a little more information. That happened for a few rounds, then Kawi replaced every single clutch part on the bike, including the master cylinder on the bars etc.

That solved the problem, but it is still a mystery on what the problem was. I'm sure that our whiner here would have never gotten all new clutch parts replaced on his bike. It takes some help from someone at the dealer WANTING to help you, and wanting you to get what you need.

I wonder how many times the waiter spits in his coke after he complains in a restaurant?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #36
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
1600 nomad paint

I have had nothing but excellence from my Nomad. I owned four Honda's prior and I can tell you they use a lot of plastic parts chromed over where Kawasaki using real metal.

Mac made a lot of valid points and if you would take his advice things might work out differently.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 06-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #37
Mega-Contributor

1600 nomad paint

My mother (rest her soul) used to say "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". Believe it.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-25-2010, 10:26 AM   #38

1600 nomad paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba1100n
THE DEALER ADDMITS THAT THE PAINT IS COVERD UNDER WARRANTY BUT CAN NOT DO ANYTHING UNTILL KAWASUCKI APROVES THE REPAIR. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET AN ASWER FOR 4 MONTHS NOW......
Next time you go to the dealer, threaten to hold you breath!

What a clown!

Old 06-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #39
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
1600 nomad paint

This is shocking that any adult would start name calling "Kawasucki" like some 14 year old school girl ... never ceases to amaze me...

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 06-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #40

1600 nomad paint

Sounds like that guy needs to go home put on his "big girl panties" and deal with it like an adult. What an idiot to come here and instead of asking for more advise, he tries to flame the very thing that brings us all here. ::)

'00 - 1500 'Carbed' Nomad
VBA #01600

Old 06-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #41
Advanced Member

1600 nomad paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba1100n
For now anyone who ask's I just tell them it's a factory paint job and I explaine how I have been treated by the company and that there turns them off to kawasucki. every one say's should of bought a HARLEY....I think I should have spent the extra cash myself and bought one. when I get rid of this piece of junk. Who wants to buy it now. 2 years old and its a piece of s--t. I'm sorry I paid it off.

I'll give you a 1000$ cash for your "piece of s..t"! ;) ;) ;)
Let me know where to pick it up

Old 06-25-2010, 06:44 PM   #42

1600 nomad paint

Anybody want to paint a profile on this newbie who's posted 15 times?

Old 06-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #43
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
1600 nomad paint

Already figured it out flavor..... in the beginning..

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 06-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #44

1600 nomad paint

WOW!!!

I don't think he'll be back.

vin

Old 06-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #45

1600 nomad paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightdoc