Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-10-2008, 07:26 PM   #31

Chuck "txcwdancer" Burt's replacement.....

Congratulations, Dan!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #32

Congrats Dan

Old 08-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #33

Send a message via MSN to mlogsdon

Great choice!

Old 08-11-2008, 05:24 PM   #34

CONGRATS DAN!!!!!!!! I know it will take some getting use to in remembering your new title so here are some ways that might help you remember.

1. country to country
2. cash to carry
3. courage to care

LMAO!!!!! Just kidding sweetie!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! I know you will make us all proud!!!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 06:17 PM   #35
Top Contributor

I think Dan's a good guy for the job but I'm not following

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #36

I've ridden with Dan a few times, he generally asks that I or someone else take the lead. Wants to keep an eye on us I suspect. Couple times when I asked him to take over, it was uneventful, at least compared to what some you might expect - stayed on the road, the road was hard surface, speed limits mostly obeyed... On the other hand, he never has a map and is always asking directions, and things like, "Where are we?" but that is a different issue.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:49 PM   #37

When we went to Zion's, Dan had no problem finding Kolob Reservoir. He never stopped to ask directions once, but he did have a small issue with finding lunch.

I can see why he's 6'-6" and only weighs 125 lbs. I don't think he actually eats very often. At least when Mark mentioned having lunch, Dan's face kinda clouded over like we were speaking a foreign language.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #38

Yes, but that is his favorite ride as he has mentioned here a few times. All jest just for fun of course. He does appear to be meticulous when actually planning and reporting rides, just what is needed, not that I see the new role actually planning much for anyone else but this is what its called. Besides, some of the most fun one can have on a bike is take off, get lost, and find your way back. Never missed a meal on any of my rides with him, in fact, et darn well on the Durango trip.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #39

Yup, Ells is right, I'm content to only have a very vague notion of where I'm at. I can go all day and never know where I'm at. Lots of time I go home and bring up Google maps just to try to figure out where I was.

Other times I plan a ride like going to the Western rally and I just make myself a post it note for the tank that says something like hwy 20, hwy 36, hwy 201, etc. I still never know where I'm at, I just know where to turn :)

I did a 3,800 mile ride and just decided in the morning what way to head.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #40

It's a lot different for me, because I travel with my wife, and she always must know where we're going, and how long, and which way, and who we're going to see, and where we're going to stay, and what we're going to eat, and where we'll be able to stop and do laundry....etc. etc.

So I try to plan every move in advance.

Plans change, of course, but we have always stayed pretty close to the pre-ordained schedule.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:54 PM   #41

As stated by many...Congrats Dan! You are well known for putting your high quality thoughts into your even higher quality posted riding material. I know that you and I will still have many safety discussions and postings on the safety threads regardless of your title.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:35 AM   #42

Congratulation Dan, I think you will be better suited for this position. I mean rather than the thing you were doing with word safety in it.

Remember, I rode with you, and not to bust yer balls to big, but I did see you trying to corner through the light side twisties without your hands on the bar, and I saw your brush with that 40K lb. truck. I will always Cherish the memory, but I did wonder how you ever got that safety kinda job?

I never even told Trip that one! He fired ya on his own, believe me :)

Have Fun my Friend

Old 08-12-2008, 07:41 AM   #43

Congrats Dan! :)
VBA #00671

Old 08-12-2008, 09:09 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dui546
As stated by many...Congrats Dan! You are well known for putting your high quality thoughts into your even higher quality posted riding material. I know that you and I will still have many safety discussions and postings on the safety threads regardless of your title.
Absolutely, that board will still have the subjects that I enjoy discussing the most :)