Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 10-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #16
Mega-Contributor

How was your summer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogooroo
The Western Rally in Mesquite and the Hwy 550 run were the definite highlights for me. I also made several trips up Ute Pass to Buena Vista and rode to work every day I didn't have to take my SMAART kit to tune an audio system. Made a couple of site visits on the bike for work (Grand Junction and Fort Collins). Still didn't put in that many miles, around 5000.
I'm thinking about Durango for a location for the 2010 Southwestern Regional Rally, but I'll post something in that forum to see what everyone thinks.
Still riding as much as I can, but already counting the days until next summer and the Custer Rally.
It's not going to be hot there, is it? That's my criteria for a potential rally site. If it ain't hot, count me in.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #17

How was your summer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogooroo
The Western Rally in Mesquite and the Hwy 550 run were the definite highlights for me. I also made several trips up Ute Pass to Buena Vista and rode to work every day I didn't have to take my SMAART kit to tune an audio system. Made a couple of site visits on the bike for work (Grand Junction and Fort Collins). Still didn't put in that many miles, around 5000.
I'm thinking about Durango for a location for the 2010 Southwestern Regional Rally, but I'll post something in that forum to see what everyone thinks.
Still riding as much as I can, but already counting the days until next summer and the Custer Rally.
It's not going to be hot there, is it? That's my criteria for a potential rally site. If it ain't hot, count me in.
By your standards? Not even close to hot! In the summer it may hit the 80s or even low 90s during the day, but it still gets down into the 50s at night. By my standards, that's PERFECT!!!

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 10-07-2008, 07:27 AM   #18

How was your summer?

My year sucked went to KY and then Bea fell off the bike on our way to the central rally and wehn she got better I went into the hospital my bike riding for this is over about 2000 miles, sure looking forward to next year.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #19

How was your summer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbikers
My year sucked went to KY and then Bea fell off the bike on our way to the central rally and wehn she got better I went into the hospital my bike riding for this is over about 2000 miles, sure looking forward to next year.
When I logged on this morning yours was the last post, so it showed up on the main board as the last post in here. When I saw that I thought, wow he had a bad summer, wonder what he wrote?

Next summer must certainly be better :)

Old 10-07-2008, 10:07 AM   #20

How was your summer?

I've had a fairly busy year so far. In May, I rode the Ozark mountain roads near Harrison for 4 days with 30 other bikers from the Volusia Riders forum. In June, I rode the Western Rally, and on down to Pearblossom, California to visit friend. In August I rode to Yoder, Kansas with my daughter (Burgman 400). In September I road the Talimena scenic byway with a bunch from the south central region. Tomorrow, I am going back to Harrison, Arkansas for another 5 days of riding with the Volusia Riders group. Then, I am planning to go to California the first week in November and ride the coast road (HWY 1) from LA to Monterey. That will probably wind up my trips for this year.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #21

How was your summer?

My summer was awesome. First summer with the Nomad. Rode it back from Florida to Nashville, then continued to ride it without any issues. Put over 5k on it in 3 months. Actually, this morning was the first day I have been in a cager for more than a quick 10 mile trip to town. Only way it could have been a better summer is if I had bought the Nomad earlier than the last week of June.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #22

How was your summer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer
I've had a fairly busy year so far. In May, I rode the Ozark mountain roads near Harrison for 4 days with 30 other bikers from the Volusia Riders forum. In June, I rode the Western Rally, and on down to Pearblossom, California to visit friend. In August I rode to Yoder, Kansas with my daughter (Burgman 400). In September I road the Talimena scenic byway with a bunch from the south central region. Tomorrow, I am going back to Harrison, Arkansas for another 5 days of riding with the Volusia Riders group. Then, I am planning to go to California the first week in November and ride the coast road (HWY 1) from LA to Monterey. That will probably wind up my trips for this year.
How appropriate that you bought a "Nomad" and chose the name "Wanderer". :)

Old 10-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #23

How was your summer?

It does seem to fit. Next year I'll have to work in trips for the KLR 650 also. I need to get a couple of weeks in exploring Colorado too. Life is looking up!!

Old 10-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #24

How was your summer?

Well my summer was great. Put 4000 miles on the Nomad riding 2up then Cindy decided she wanted to ride her own bike. She took the MSF course and bought a 750 Shadow. We put 9000 more miles on the bike since then.
The only problem is, we aren't ready to quit yet. Unfortunatly it is snowing and 31 degrees as I type this :'(
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 11-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #25

How was your summer?

10,000 since I bought my Nomad in April. We did alot of long weekend trips to various places.Still nice enough to ride around here.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #26

How was your summer?

Summer was too short. Rode in OR, WA, WY, ID, UT, AZ, NV and many and most rides throughout CA. Don't know the miles, but past 15 months 30,000 miles.... Having a great time out here fella's

Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #27

How was your summer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdez (lone Juan)
Summer was too short. Rode in OR, WA, WY, ID, UT, AZ, NV and many and most rides throughout CA. Don't know the miles, but past 15 months 30,000 miles.... Having a great time out here fella's
I way agree that summer was too short. Now with the time change it's dark at 5:00pm. I miss summer.

But you got a lot more bang for the buck out of your summer than I did Ron :)

Old 11-03-2008, 08:06 PM   #28

How was your summer?

Yeah Dan, I am grateful to be able and have a good bike to do it with.

Riding Highway 12 in Utah with you was one of the best rides I had this summer. Especially that part where it got real narrow with cliffs dropping off both sides of the highway in the twisties. Remember that one?

Old 11-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #29

How was your summer?

I agree Ron, in another post I said that my favorite ride was probably the ride out to the Western Rally. Actually, it's probably the best day, not just the best ride of the past year.

Looking forward to more rides with members of Kawanow, and seeing you and wife again.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #30

How was your summer?

Nothing spectacular, just all good. Lots of day trips 150-300 miles crossing a few county lines. A couple overniters. Most memorable were meeting forum folks for lunch. I can just about meet anybody in the state for lunch and come back home. Abilene, Brownwood, Palestine, Snook, Corpus, Waco......Good food and good folks. 17 months only 15000mi. Love the Nad. Love to travel. Wanted to take longer trips this year, just didn't happen.....yet.

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#