Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 06-26-2021, 05:02 PM   #16
Top Contributor

I tried stove rope on the Cobra muffler baffle on my 1300 V star and did not experience much change in sound. I tried wrapping the stove rope tight and then again loose with no change I could detect. Eventually I went back to the OEM muffler for peace and quiet and very little change in performance. The dyno charts on Ivans website show only a 2hp change from a stock muffler on the V Star with his tune and a Cobra intake.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-28-2021, 11:12 AM   #17

I believe redjay is probably perfectly right that to silence down an aftermarket exhaust system is probably not obtainable. They are produced for one reason mainly to make noise that some of us want. They to my knowledge have never produced them to be a factory low volume exhaust system with a growl.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:48 PM   #18
Advanced Member

I am not looking for a huge difference. If I was I would go with slip-ons.
One must repack an aftermarket baffle periodically. All you are doing is packing more than what it is was stock and tame it a bit more than the original sound was.
I have also considered physically modifying the extra "quiet" baffle I have also

Rush Racing Pipe Baffle Re-Pack | Is it quieter?

Last edited by Lumberjack; 06-28-2021 at 07:50 PM.