Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #16
Top Contributor

Home from the Central Rally

Made it home but I'm still at the rally in my mind. That was a great experience and I agree, we need to do this more often!
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #17

Home from the Central Rally

Add us to the the rollcall of the "made it home" delegation.

After waking up in Vicksburg and touring the National Military Park I rode to Clinton, MS and entered the Natchez Trace Parkway. The roadway is superbly maintained and traffic was very low probably due in part to commercial vehicles being prohibited. While this 86 mile section betweeen Clinton & Natchez didnt contain much in the way of twists and sharp curves the ride was excellent with the scenery being split between treelined/canopy and farmland. I recommend the route for a nice leiurely escape if you happen to be going in that direction anyway. Leisurely is the keyword as the posted speed limit is 50 mph which was advertised as "radar enforced" although I didnt see a single LEO on my ride.

After arriving in Natchez I decided that I really didnt want to spend another night on a motel bed. We pressed on westward on 84 crossing the Mississippi River into Louisiana riding on to Jonesville, LA before the light faded. I loaded Lucille onto the trailer there, and got behind the wheel for the beeline home through Jena, Winfield, Alexandria (via 167) , Lafyette, and Lake Charles before finally re-enterring the Lone Star State and making the last hundred miles to Pasa-get-down-dena.
It sure felt good to snooze in my own bed again.

This was our first rally but it will absolutely not be our last. As soon as the dates are set for Custer, I'll be making reservations, and look forward to seeing y'all again.

uploaded a few pics from the rally to photobucket. Will do the rest tomorrow. Still trying to get vids uploaded or broken into uploadable bites.