Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 03-02-2015, 10:26 PM   #16
Sr. Contributor

How did the homeless guy get the cop's gun? That's pretty bad.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-03-2015, 02:16 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponch View Post
How did the homeless guy get the cop's gun? That's pretty bad.

That's if he did.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:41 AM   #18
Advanced Member

Just like Texas Nomad, I am an officer of the law. You're asking here how did he get his gun,, when a suspect lunge or attacks they often grab the holster and try to suppress the safety feature and draw the firearm.. That my friends is the worst position you want to find yourself.. This means he wants to kill you, himself or others in the community. On the use of force model you are completely justified to use deadly force to eliminate the threat,

All police shootings must be fully investigated and a proper justice decision done.
Nomad 2010
Voyager trunk
Alleycat intake / YVANIZE ECU, Freedom performance 2 into 1
Kuryaken grip with Throttle mod
lost of chrome add on
Sound digital 1200.4 2 ohm
6 x 9 MPX 690 Hertz in custom fairing
6.5 hcx hertz speakers in hard bags
6.5 MPX hertz in pods

Old 03-03-2015, 05:54 AM   #19

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Just a sad tragic day in America when a role model for youth, law abiding upstanding citizen such as this cain't snatch a pistol from a cops holster during an arrest. He prolly only wanted to show him some fancy pistol twirling tricks.

But alas, now we'll never know. Will we?

Just tears me up. Been crying a never ending river ever since.

Thanksgiving and Christmases just ain't gonna be the same at his family gatherings as I'm sure they all looked forward to his arrival.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 03-03-2015, 06:13 AM   #20

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanrider03 View Post
Just like Texas Nomad, I am an officer of the law. You're asking here how did he get his gun,, when a suspect lunge or attacks they often grab the holster and try to suppress the safety feature and draw the firearm.. That my friends is the worst position you want to find yourself.. This means he wants to kill you, himself or others in the community. On the use of force model you are completely justified to use deadly force to eliminate the threat,

All police shootings must be fully investigated and a proper justice decision done.
Me sitting fat dumb and happy, at a job, secure behind armed guards at the gate figger y'all could be good enough to shoot a lunger in his pinky toe where you don't gotta kill him.

Nobody is got to die.

I got stress too at my job. It's tough making sure I don't get the last cup of coffee so I'll have to make the next pot.

I think they's a saying about riding a bus a mile to the shoe store to buy some man's shoes or something another that applies here.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-03-2015, 08:04 AM   #21
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
That's if he did.
Tru dat
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Old 03-03-2015, 08:09 AM   #22
Sr. Contributor

Quote:

That last statement isn't completely true. Deadly force usually is justified if you believe the threat is to your life, not just any threat. I've read too many stories in the last 10 years where officers shoot people that at one time they would have just kicked the person's ass. Since 9/11, there has been an escalation of questionable deadly force by cops. It's like they are trained to react, not think. That's not good.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 03-03-2015, 10:16 AM   #23

Quote:
How about when a policeman uses a choke hold on an unarmed guy and the guy dies right there on the sidewalk like happened in NY City.
The choke hold was banned by the police long ago in that city by the way.
The officer was found not guilty of anything.
The man was selling single cigarettes well worth being killed for.

VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-03-2015, 10:34 AM   #24
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
How about when a policeman uses a choke hold on an unarmed guy and the guy dies right there on the sidewalk like happened in NY City.
The choke hold was banned by the police long ago in that city by the way.
The officer was found not guilty of anything.
The man was selling single cigarettes well worth being killed for.

We had a friend in Iowa whose son was killed by a cop. He was threatening to kill himself with a gun and one of the cops shot him with a 12 ga. Thing is, they were supposed to use bean bag rounds and shoot for the stomach. This cop used a barricade round and hit him in the head. This was from 40' away. The other thing is that barricade rounds were not used and not authorized by the department. The cop got off the hook. In Iowa, the cops can pretty much do what they want as the citizenry will back them up no matter what. I've never seen that kind of stupidity before. There was another incident where a guy didn't stop for a cop right away because he had a suspended license. The video showed the cop walking up the car and smashing the side window with his baton and drawing and shooting the guy in one continuous movement. The guy was on the phone with his lawyer. The cop got off. He was let go though and he had to pay his own legal fees, but the people their are idiots when it comes to siding with authority.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 03-03-2015, 10:40 AM   #25

Unfortunately in most cases the only oversight of the police is the police.
That is like putting 12 ex-cons on a jury and expecting a conviction.

2011 National Rally
2012 NCR Rally
2012 Antlers Rally
2013 National Rally
2013 Antlers Rally
2014 NC/SC Rally
2014 Antlers Rally
2015 VRA/VBA Rally
2016 NCR Rally
2016 Antlers Rally
2017 Antlers Rally
2018 NC/SC Rally
2018 Antlers Rally
2019 Antlers Rally
2020 Antlers Rally
2022 Antlers Rally
2023 Antlers Rally

2021 Indian Roadmaster Limited
2022 Indian Roadmaster

Old 03-03-2015, 10:47 AM   #26
Sr. Contributor

Pretty much and we haven't even gotten to the confiscation laws yet. Some serious abuse there.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Old 03-03-2015, 11:24 AM   #27

About 20 years ago I was picking my wife up from a class that she was teaching at a language institute in Kenmore Square in Boston. There was a cop arresting a homeless person that wouldn't comply with him. The homeless person decided to fight instead of getting arrested. I got out of the car to see what was going on. The cop had the homeless person in a head lock. The homeless person had the cops holster unhooked and was reaching for his gun. I walked over, grabbed the guys arm, and then stood on it until the cop was able to get the person flipped over and get cuffs on him.

I don't see why the same wouldn't apply with so many cops on the scene. All you need is one other cop to help to subdue the person if they're already in a fight with one of them unless these cops can't fight for shit.

Things have sure changed since when I grew up. At 2 years old my father brought home a pair of boxing gloves and decided that I was old enough to settle any differences that I had with my older brother. I got my ass kicked so many times that I began to like it. As a young teenager going to school I spent quite a bit of time meeting someone out in the school yard. That was 50/50 on the wins and losses. When I went in to the service I started boxing. I kept fighting until I was in my 30's.

The kids today would just shoot me if I offered to fight with them. They don't know what it's like to just go out and settle your differences like a man. They actually think that they can get away with shooting someone. I think the same applies to the generation of cops that are hired in major metropolitan areas. They learn the basics of fighting but can't really defend themselves unless it's with a gun.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 03-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #28
Advanced Member

The media needs to learn to report the incident - say it is under investigation and let the investigation happen - If the investigation is flawed or corrupt - expose that but wait for it to happen before condeming it . . . The hype they build to make a story and sensationalize it is disgusting. I attended a ceremony where Bob Woodward (one of the guys from the Washington Post who broke Watergate) was a key speaker - He said he is appalled at the change in the media from his era - the Walter Cronkite era, where the news was the news and they were in search of "the most accurate depiction of the truth" to what is has become now - a money generating spin outlet designed to push forward the social or political objective or viewpoint of the owners . . .

Thunder Air Kit
Power Pro
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Wrapped Header Pipes
Heat Deflectors (from ebay)
CB/Rear Speakers
Avon grips with Throttle Magic by RACNRAY
Shiny Chrome stuff
Michelin Commander IIs
Kury T/S Mirrors
Sagebrush Design tank bib w/pouch
Russell Day Long Seat w/Backrest
Lots of Miles and Many More Smiles!

Blue Knights - Virginia II
Ride With Pride

Old 03-03-2015, 05:24 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by napom View Post
The media needs to learn to report the incident - say it is under investigation and let the investigation happen - If the investigation is flawed or corrupt - expose that but wait for it to happen before condeming it . . . The hype they build to make a story and sensationalize it is disgusting. I attended a ceremony where Bob Woodward (one of the guys from the Washington Post who broke Watergate) was a key speaker - He said he is appalled at the change in the media from his era - the Walter Cronkite era, where the news was the news and they were in search of "the most accurate depiction of the truth" to what is has become now - a money generating spin outlet designed to push forward the social or political objective or viewpoint of the owners . . .
I couldn't agree with you more. We experienced this exact thing this summer and fall with the Michael Brown case. There was no doubt the news media kept this alive as long as they possibly could. Even giving demonstrators hints ahead of time as to where they should be demonstrating. Everyone I know is in agreement that the news media turned what should have been a standard investigation of fact into a sensationalized media feeding frenzy. We had news crews here from every part of the world covering all the hype.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:25 PM   #30

Old School, I know what you mean. The media fed the Furgeson fire so they could simply keep the hate grpowing. One issue which always amazes me is the photos displayed for the public of the deceased suspect who tried to kill the officer. These suspects are adults... yet they show pictures of them from when they were children... no wonder there is so much disbelief!! Brown was a grown man....