Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 11-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Well if it is running right power wise, then maybe it is a bad engine mount. Also there is a gear driven counter balancer that smooths out the engine vibration, not sure if some thing can go wrong there. Also have you ever done cam chain tensioner extenders? With 63,000 miles, if they have never been done, one or more timing chains may be slack and perhaps one jumped a tooth.
I was curious if it did have a balancer shaft or not. and in regards to the timing chains i have never adjusted them. I don't know how? I did try looking at some engine breakdown manuals and did not see a balancer shaft

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #17

The counterbalance is in the lower front of the engine. If it isn't 'working' the engine WILL NOT run.

The only thing on the counterbalance to change are the rubber pucks. They are on the opposite side of the clutch, in the front.

MT
VBA 936

Old 11-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSIDE-1 View Post
I forgot to mention my Vulcan is carbarated it did how ever after i shut it off it would not start again. i pulled a plug wire and i had no spark. i remove the seat to look for a burned fuse and found nothing put the seat on and it started and I drove home I accelerated to about 75-80 and the bike did not struggle getting there still engine shook all the way.
Check the carb boot, where it attaches to the carb and the manifold.

MT
VBA 936

Old 11-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #19

You can't adjust the chains, the adjusters are automatic. When they run out of travel, you need to put on extenders. If they were slack you should have heard them rubbing. Read gadgets page for how to.
You might want to systematically go through possible easy causes for your trouble first.
Your bike can't run with normal power with no spark on one cylinder. Recheck this. Also check that the carb has not come loose on the boot and there are no cracks.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 11-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #20

Possible wire chafing above rear cyl ? Just a thought !

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
engine, severe, viration.