Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #16

I went to my local iron fabrication shop and had them make me a replacement "sissy bar" insert out of 1" X 1/2" steel, about 18" high overall. Cost me $85. Rattle can painted it flat black. Looks great and holds my Nelson Rigg perfectly.
VBA #00794
2011 Vaquero (Ebony)
replaced 2008 Nomad 1600 (Blue/Silver)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
I went to my local iron fabrication shop and had them make me a replacement "sissy bar" insert out of 1" X 1/2" steel, about 18" high overall. Cost me $85. Rattle can painted it flat black. Looks great and holds my Nelson Rigg perfectly.
I spent a crazy amount of time at dealer this weekend trying to find some system that will work.
I concluded I need to find a shop to extend my existing or fabricate new sissy bar. I planned to powder coat everything anyhow so if they cut the existing and extend it that would be fine.

For now I'm gonna buy more Velcro straps (and tie downs?) and see how that holds up on highway and hope that will get me to Colorado for now.

Thanks for all the feedback on this everyone.
VBA #2354

Old 05-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #18

I prefer the "all new" approach, because now I can easily (four bolts) swap the original backrest and pad in should I chance to have a passenger. (I left off the pad attachment on the tall sissybar fab, and the Nelson Rigg rests on the passenger seat.)
VBA #00794
2011 Vaquero (Ebony)
replaced 2008 Nomad 1600 (Blue/Silver)

Old 05-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
I prefer the "all new" approach, because now I can easily (four bolts) swap the original backrest and pad in should I chance to have a passenger. (I left off the pad attachment on the tall sissybar fab, and the Nelson Rigg rests on the passenger seat.)
Ah. That does make sense... Although i have the back rack so could have both a passenger and luggage on at once. But I'll see what the locals can come up with. Thanks again.
VBA #2354