Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 01-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #16

I had a modular helmet on (flipped up), my armored jacket, jeans and tennis shoes...no gloves. The helmet was toast, the jacket had marks on it but no tears, my jeans had dirt and marks, no tears, my feet were fine but my hands were dinged up - gloves always now! I slid about 75' on pavement, then 40-50' on dirt and landed in the big ol' rocks used to keep culverts from eroding. Bruises everywhere - left fore arm, back, shins, hands, forehead and a cracked rib (still hurts when the weather changes), but most importantly, I got up and walked away! I think now that if it had hurt worse it might have made me gun-shy about getting back on.

Tim
VBA #01884

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #17
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
I went down at around 75mph and my leather jacket was shredded in a couple seconds as were my gloves. I wish i had better pants on that day as my knees really took a good grinding as well. The good thing is that six months later almost all the scars are gone, just a few faint ones left.
Interesting that your jacket was shredded. Was it a motorcycle jacket with 1.3 mm thick leather and armor, or was it a department store leather jacket?

2010 Vulcan Voyager, 2007 Vulcan Mean Streak, 2009 Vulcan Nomad