Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 11-07-2010, 05:21 PM   #16

Went Darkside Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead
Don't sugar coat it Dabull Give 'im the ol' horn to the rib cage and shake vigorously.

LOL ;) As I am considering a CT in the future (when the Avon wears out [8K and still looks good but w/cupping]) I am interested in all darkside conversations....to include the air pressure...seems to me you run at 32 like any other CT to ensure even wear....i just sayin... ;)
If you look inside the drivers door in a car or truck there is usually a suggested tire pressure for both front and rear tire. All vehicles are not the same. A friend of mine who was a corvair officianado told me there were handling issues steering in turns but that the problem could be pretty much solved by running 18 lbs in the front tires.

I'm just sayin.......

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-07-2010, 11:45 PM   #17

Went Darkside Today

Tomorrow's a warm day, and I plan on some riding. I'm going to drop the pressure in increments and see how things go. From my web research I found that most riders have a sweet spot they like best and it varies. Maybe it all is determined by body weight. I'll have to find the best for me.

I got the "Darkside" patch on line. I can't remember where, but if you search for "patches", I'm sure you will come upon it somewhere. I found another one once that read, "Fat People Are Hard To Kidnap". People get a kick out of that one!

Thanks for all your comments. BnG

Dave Mills AKA BiscuitsNGravy
2006 Vulcan Nomad "BiscuitsNGravy"
Kawanow #150
Vietnam @ Jan67-Jan68
Retired USAF
Patriot Guard Riders/American Legion #431

Old 11-08-2010, 07:46 AM   #18

Went Darkside Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscuitsNGravy aka Dave Mills
Tomorrow's a warm day, and I plan on some riding. I'm going to drop the pressure in increments and see how things go. From my web research I found that most riders have a sweet spot they like best and it varies. Maybe it all is determined by body weight. I'll have to find the best for me.

I got the "Darkside" patch on line. I can't remember where, but if you search for "patches", I'm sure you will come upon it somewhere. I found another one once that read, "Fat People Are Hard To Kidnap". People get a kick out of that one!

Thanks for all your comments. BnG
Are you trying to say I'm fat.....Nomad riders in general are fat.....

Old 11-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #19

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Went Darkside Today

Quote:
Quote:
Don't sugar coat it Dabull Give 'im the ol' horn to the rib cage and shake vigorously.

LOL ;) As I am considering a CT in the future (when the Avon wears out [8K and still looks good but w/cupping]) I am interested in all darkside conversations....to include the air pressure...seems to me you run at 32 like any other CT to ensure even wear....i just sayin... ;)
We ain't communist here D. You're free to experiment with it. I run 30#'s in my GYTTA 205-60/16 because it handles good there. I don't give a snot how it wears.

B&G maybe one day you could find yourself riding with skinny friends in a national park when all of a sudden y'all end up staring at a 1 ton Bison two coffin lengths away. And your friend are going to tell the bison to take the fat one, he's juicier and he ain't climbing under that camper.

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 11-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #20

Went Darkside Today

Quote:
Quote:

We ain't communist here D. You're free to experiment with it. I run 30#'s in my GYTTA 205-60/16 because it handles good there. I don't give a snot how it wears.

B&G maybe one day you could find yourself riding with skinny friends in a national park when all of a sudden y'all end up staring at a 1 ton Bison two coffin lengths away. And your friend are going to tell the bison to take the fat one, he's juicier and he ain't climbing under that camper.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #21

Went Darkside Today

Quote:

Last I checked, bison are herbivores, not meat eaters.

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.