Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 06-28-2010, 07:16 AM   #16
VBA Founder

Made it home safe!

I aologize for not posting right when I got in yesterday, but once I got home, I had to run over to my son's house and watch my grandkids master a "Slip 'n Slide".

I left ES yesterday morning about 6:25am and got home at 2:45pm. Running through the Pig Trail that early in the morning was a little bit chilly, but I'm not complaining. GPS says I put in a little over 1,400 miles on this trip. And what a trip it was!

Jim and Bea, you guys always put on an excellent rally....and for that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart! Because of you two, the SC rally attendance has grown significantly and is a testiment to your hard work.

Mitch and Darlene, that gumbo was the best I've ever tasted (and I've been to New Orleans many times and tasted all kinds of gumbo). Thanks to both of your for your hard work for everyone at the rally.

Vic and Katie, my sympathies to you Katie on the loss of your mother. I wasn't aware, but if I had been, I would have told you at the rally. Vic, you just keep on being funny and ugly...OK?

My thanks to Jim and Liz -and- Jim and Annette for planning and executing the routes for us to ride. Arkansas sports some nice countryside to see and you guys did an excellent job planning and taking us through it.

To everyone, I appreciate all of you coming to the rally. I enjoyed seeing everyone...meeting new friends and seeing old ones. You guys are what makes KawaNOW what it is. I'm looking forward to getting together at Talihena later this year.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #17

Made it home safe!

The girls and I had breakfast at the Smokehouse before heading out yesterday and took a liesurely trip down 71. I had forgoptten about all those "speed zone ahead" signs ::)
Overnighted in Carthage when the sun gave up the ghost; and
made it home this afternoon at about 4 having added 1790 miles on Lucille's odometer.
Thanks to all of you for making it a great Rally.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:58 PM   #18

Made it home safe!

I made it home around 10:00 Sunday morning. My computer had a glitch and I just got it running again this evening. Debbie is doing much better now and even attended a meeting at school today. Thanks again to all my new friends who made this rally possible. I had a great time!

Joe "Griz" Grisolano
2008 Arctic Pearl Honda Goldwing
2008 Black/Red Nomad - Traded September, 2013
VBA #1210
Pittsburg, Kansas

Old 06-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #19

Made it home safe!

I just wanted to add a Big Thank you to Jim and Bea for a great job on organizing this rally, All your hard work did not go unnoticed.

Victor you did a great job of cooking the meals and to Katy we want say we are sorry for the loss of
your mom I am sure you will miss her dearly

Jessie thank you for the offer you made to trade tanks you do not know what that means to me you are truly a good friend.

thank you Mitch and Darlene for the hard work and the great Gumbo it was really good!
Mitch thank you for the use of your trailer, I great appriecate it.

To everyone that was there thank you for the friendship that we shared on this trip, It was a great
time and hope to make the trip in sept will just have to wait and see if I can.
VBA #952